Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to remove back of front seat to connect massager (Platinum)

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 10:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How to remove back of front seat to connect massager (Platinum)

Hi guys. I have a 2015 F-150 Platinum, and when I start it up the passenger seat massager makes a bunch of racket for about 30 seconds, and does not function properly. I took it to the dealer a few weeks ago and they 'fixed it' but now it doesn't work again -- turns out they told me something was disconnected so they reconnected it. So now instead of having them do it again, I'd just like to do it myself and zip-tie or duct tape it so it doesn't happen again. However, I'm not sure how to properly access this unit inside the seat.

I found this via Google, which shows the procedure, but can't find the procedure to open the seat up carefully. Can anyone be of assistance? Thanks!

http://oemdtc.com/16558/inoperative-...015-ford-f-150
Old 07-30-2015, 10:46 PM

Received 866 Likes on 375 Posts

Default How to remove back of front seat to connect massager (Platinum)

Ok I have been designing a fix for the coolers and have had mine open a few times.

1. Find the bungees that hold the seat back under the seat. You have to pull the connectors down. It is tough and you feel like you will break them but take it slow. (Do not unplug connectors it won't help)
2. There is a plastic channel that is kind of like a c shape on the leather that locks in with another c shape from the seat. You have to separate it by pushing seat side up and leather side down
3. Get the zippers out and try to get straight, I use a needle nose pliers to grab by the hole on the zipper and push the zipper up.
4. Use something to hold the leather bungees to the headrest supports! Keeps the leather out of the way!!

Putting back together the easiest way I have found is to have about 4 feet of wire. Loop it through the zipper hole. Have 2 feet ish on each side. Pull the wire down and the zipper will follow.

If you have questions send me a PM
The following users liked this post:
trek_guy (07-30-2015)
Old 07-30-2015, 11:57 PM

Default It worked

Thanks a ton! Your instructions worked fine for opening the seat properly. I then re-connected the three rightmost hoses that were disconnected to the pump, and zip-tied them in place. The massager works great now, and hopefully won't become disconnected again.

There is a lot of gadgetry inside that seat, and no protection from the back seat passenger other than the leather/vinyl seat back material. So I'm not surprised those air hoses became disconnected.

I appreciate your help.
Old 07-31-2015, 01:49 AM

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

I should probably do the same and see if I can permanently fix my seat massagers but I am getting some perverse pleasure in repeatedly taking my truck in to get my dealer's service dept. to fix it instead. The count is now at 4 (3X driver's side, 1X passenger). They tell me the connector is in a bad location and likely to keep coming off but they aren't allowed to do anything more than keep on simply reattaching it.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:09 AM

Default Zip ties

That's what I was worried about -- that the dealer would not be allowed to zip tie / duct tape, and the problem would keep happening. All is well now hopefully with this somewhat "permanent" fix.

Quick Reply: How to remove back of front seat to connect massager (Platinum)