Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hood water blow back / interior light

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 12:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hood water blow back / interior light

Hey all new to these forums. I posted in the after market section but no luck, so I am posting here.

My truck: 2016 F-150 XL Sport, extended cab.

As some of you most likely have found there is a wet hood causing water to blow back when slowing down. Has anyone found a fix for this? I was looking at bug deflectors thinking the wind wouldn't hit the lip and blow the water back. Unfortunately most of the bug deflectors have poor reviews due to bad hardware or failure of bonding tape. Hoping some one has a fix or deflector recommendation.

Secondly ive found that the interior light is the perfect angle to be right in my eyes while driving. When my fiancé turns it on it's quite irritating. Has anyone come up with a shield or a way to change the angle? It's not a huge deal but I'm surprised the engineers passed that through QA.

Thanks in advance and hope you all are enjoying your trucks!

- Nick
Old 02-21-2017, 01:18 AM

Received 757 Likes on 516 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickel AP
Hey all new to these forums. I posted in the after market section but no luck, so I am posting here.

My truck: 2016 F-150 XL Sport, extended cab.

As some of you most likely have found there is a wet hood causing water to blow back when slowing down. Has anyone found a fix for this? I was looking at bug deflectors thinking the wind wouldn't hit the lip and blow the water back. Unfortunately most of the bug deflectors have poor reviews due to bad hardware or failure of bonding tape. Hoping some one has a fix or deflector recommendation.

Secondly ive found that the interior light is the perfect angle to be right in my eyes while driving. When my fiancé turns it on it's quite irritating. Has anyone come up with a shield or a way to change the angle? It's not a huge deal but I'm surprised the engineers passed that through QA.

Thanks in advance and hope you all are enjoying your trucks!

- Nick
I get the hood water blow back in the rain but i think it's because of the grill shutters being closed while driving.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:05 AM

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Stampede

I have the Stampede 2153-1 bug deflector, (clear painted to match) and it prevents the water from spraying up on the windshield. It has the cutoff ends and does not attach with clips on the front of the hood. Only uses the hood weather stripping attach points. Very solid
My truck 2153-1 Tuxedo Black
Hood water blow back / interior light-f150_05.jpg

Smoked 2153-2 this shows the correct defelector with the cutoff ends.
Hood water blow back / interior light-stampede-2153-2.jpg
Captzap
Old 02-21-2017, 08:13 AM

Received 123 Likes on 71 Posts

lol yeah - my hood does that with rain. When I'm slowing down, the rain just flies up and nails the windshield. I kind of like it - of course I'm pretty far out, and on country roads, so it probably doesn't bother me nearly as much as some city folks.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:17 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Miller
I get the hood water blow back in the rain but i think it's because of the grill shutters being closed while driving.
I keep seeing people say this, I don't think it is the case, It would happen with the same frequency on a '99 Suburban I used to drive and it did not have shutters in the grill.... But that could have been caused by something else.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:43 AM
Okie Coupe

Received 209 Likes on 172 Posts

Amazon Amazon

Old 02-21-2017, 09:13 AM

Received 92 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickel AP
Try opening the sunglasses holder, I found it blocks the light from the passenger side light for me.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:18 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

i have noticed the rain blowback from the hood in odd patterns as well. I assumed it was due to the grill shutters opening/closing while driving.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:23 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

happens to me regularly. I just lived with it. Was curious if the bug deflector would help. Glad to hear it does! Might have to start looking.

Definitely doesn't seem to be related to the shutters in my opinion, as I can watch a bead head down my hood and just before it falls off while braking, the wind picks it up and throws it at me.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:55 AM
Ezekiel 25:17

Received 2,371 Likes on 1,215 Posts

It's water. Is it really that big of a deal?
The following 4 users liked this post by UNBROKEN:
BCMIF150 (02-21-2017), Kumamanuma (02-22-2017), Marklite (02-21-2017), Ricktwuhk (02-21-2017)