Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Honest opinion please. Dealer service

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 12:23 AM

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Honest opinion please. Dealer service

I have a 2015 Lariat Sport that I bought new in September of 2015. The truck has 10k miles on it. When I bought it I noticed a couple of things that I wanted correctned. There was a paint defect on the drivers door. It looks like something got under the clear coat and was cleared over. It's very minor but I noticed it within a day or two of owning the truck. It is very odvioisly under the clear and not a scratch from the outside. I also noticed a very small tear in the rear seat behind the driver. It almost looks like there is a metal sliver though the seat. I am married with no kids, no one has even been in the back of the truck when I noticed this. I sent the dealer an immediate email with pictures saying that I wanted this corrected. I also had a few of there small issues.. The driveline clunk/lash, heated cooled seat TSB. I contacted my dealership within a week of purchase date with pictures.. "No problem. We will get all of that taken care of at the first oil change at 5k miles." I think, perfect.. They recognize the issues and will order parts to fix them when the trick goes back for it's first oil change. I even had this exchange with the service advisor.. We will order all the parts and have them here so when you come I there is not a prolonged time until you get your truck back. I very nicely asked for a loaner which they were happy to provide. Several days after my truck was gone I called them asking a status. They called back saying that I am ready to go. I go up there and nothing is done but the oil change and the seat TSB. "The rear seat cover is on back order and we couldn't replicate the drive shaft issues". The body shop wasn't able to get to the door. We will fix the door and seat at your next oil change. We apologize and because we didn't weren't able to get it all fixed we are not charging for the oil change.

2 weeks after I get my truck back I realize that the wheels are chipped all to hell from the torque wrench. I send the service writer an email. "So sorry, we will fix them on your next visit/oil change."

Fast forward to the next oil change. I contacted the dealer several weeks prior to taking the car in to make sure all parts are in and the body shop is expecting the truck to fix the wheels and paint defect. "We are ready any time you are ready to bring the truck in" I am told. I ask if I am going to get a loaner.. Which they are happy to provide. The truck is there to have the seat fixed, the wheels fixed(from them messing them up with a torque wrench), the paint defect corrected, the oil change, tires rotated and drive shaft lash re evaluated. After a week of being there I call and ask if it's done... "Wednesday after the body shop is done with it".

Well Thursday at noon it is ready to be picked up. They made the wheels worse, the paint defect in the door isn't touched and the seat is "declined" by ford(wait wasn't the part on back order???). The trick sat there for 1.5 weeks and has the oils changed.

I am not looking for a new Raptor, free oil changes, Ford to pay my Mortage or even ford life insurance... But can I expect them to fix issues I had a week after I bought the truck? Any thoughts on how to proceede? I have asked my service writer to have the general manager call me.

Each wheel has several of the pictured chips from carelessness when removing he wheels to rotate.
Attached Thumbnails Honest opinion please.  Dealer service-image.jpeg  
Old 05-06-2016, 12:23 AM

The picture of the wheel is actually after they "fixed" them.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:24 AM

More
Old 05-06-2016, 12:26 AM

More... Again, after the wheels were fixed.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:33 AM

Sorry for all the typos.. On phone, fat, lazy fingers.
Old 05-06-2016, 01:32 AM
Gone Golfin

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,391 Posts

There's no excuse for the rims to look like that.

I started a thread a couple of months a go that said my dealer sucks. Incompetence abounds. I pretty much got put down for it. I've had to travel over a 100 miles to get service that my dealer was incapable of providing.

All you can do is bitch because it doesn't seem much else works. Going over peoples heads seems just as worthless. Guessing you should contact the Ford reps here on the site and see if there's anything they can do.

Good Luck, you'll need it.
Old 05-06-2016, 01:35 AM

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Isn't there a Ford Corporate Representative on this forum? I think he should intervene.
Old 05-06-2016, 07:18 AM

Received 352 Likes on 245 Posts

Ask to speak with the service manager, and tell them you want the damaged parts replaced.
The following users liked this post:
Ricktwuhk (05-06-2016)
Old 05-06-2016, 07:27 AM

Received 434 Likes on 289 Posts

First, never ask for an honest opinion around here unless you're wearing your asbestos undies....

Second, it all comes down to the dealer. I live about dead even between two Ford Dealers, one I'd still consider buying a vehicle from, the other I wouldn't take a gift from.

Dealer A, Feduke Ford, refused to warranty the O2 sensors on my truck (inside 30K, never mind the 100K emissions warranty), refused other items which should have been warrantied, and charged through the nose for service.

Dealer B, Chenango Sales in Greene, New York, was excellent with service and warranty issues on a truck that they didn't even sell.

Long story short? find another dealer and maybe they'll work with you.
Old 05-06-2016, 07:27 AM

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts

The wheels look bad for sure.
Try to handle it calmly, not raising your voice (at least on the outside).
Get the managers involved ( service+sales).
Good luck.

Quick Reply: Honest opinion please. Dealer service