Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help: wheel spacers & leveling kit issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 05:07 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Help: wheel spacers & leveling kit issues

Greetings to all,

Just got a 2015 F150 2.7L super crew 4x4 (no FX4) Sport AP with the 20" Six-Spoke Premium Wheels. This is my first truck, ford, and 4x4. After seeing some members' mods and setups, and reading about their experiences, I installed a 2" leveling kit and 1.5 hubcentric billet aluminum spacers.

The truck looks amazing, but since installing these mods the truck's suspension is hard, bumpy, bottoms out often, and is unstable and unsettling--if not downright dangerous when going over bumps and potholes at speed. Wind noise is just too much, and my average MPG went from 18.3 to 17. I also notice the tuck much slower than before.

I knew that adding weight to each corner would have an effect on the suspension, thus the reason I went with billet aluminum wheel spacers and not steel. But the change in ride and handling seems too significant from what other members here experience.

I have not aligned the car yet, which may cure these issues a bit. But right now I am planning to do away with the whole setup because I can't see how alignment would cure this to the point of reasonable satisfaction. Before I do so, please tell me if this is normal. I mean, I can't see this truck going from Cadillac ride to Hyundai just because of the spacers and no one else with this setup not mentioning anything about it in the forum.

Am I doing something wrong? Am i missing something? The truck looks amazing and I would hate to loose the beefy stance.

Thank you for the comments.

Last edited by Angelo99; 11-19-2015 at 05:42 PM. Reason: spelling
The following users liked this post:
SURF150 (11-19-2015)
Old 11-19-2015, 05:41 PM

Received 170 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Angelo99
I have not aligned the car yet, which may cure these issues a bit.
This is your first issue

Almost impossible to see the real issue if you're materially out of alignment, I've seen some levels really mess up the toe causing a horrible ride

Align her then re-evaluate
The following users liked this post:
Angelo99 (11-19-2015)
Old 11-19-2015, 09:09 PM
Gone Golfin

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,391 Posts

IMO somebody missed something. Somewhere there has to be a mistake made with the installation. Pictures would be helpful.

Without a doubt an alignment is needed but you have other issues when a truck all of a sudden starts to bottom out.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:20 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

the alignment is "toed" in and needs to be fixed asap.

Quick Reply: Help: wheel spacers & leveling kit issues