Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help...Remote Start & Climate Control, Confusing

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 01:29 PM

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Help...Remote Start & Climate Control, Confusing

1st off, I've read the manual for those who always say "read the book" and it's not clear at all....or Im just a stupid Ford driver trying to learn....

Right now it's 13F outside & I used the remote start to fire up the truck...

What exactly will the climate control do, it's set to automatic and really not sure what it's going to do.

What I want is for it to warm up the cabin and have the defroster on high...is it possible to set up controls somewhere and have that be the default automatic setting.
Old 11-26-2015, 02:01 PM

Received 1,267 Likes on 843 Posts

Originally Posted by Rampy
1st off, I've read the manual for those who always say "read the book" and it's not clear at all....or Im just a stupid Ford driver trying to learn....

Right now it's 13F outside & I used the remote start to fire up the truck...

What exactly will the climate control do, it's set to automatic and really not sure what it's going to do.

What I want is for it to warm up the cabin and have the defroster on high...is it possible to set up controls somewhere and have that be the default automatic setting.
From what I understand in auto it will if it's cold enough turn on the windshield defroster, rear window defroster, seats, steering wheel and mirror heaters. In manual it will turn on what ever was on when you turned off the truck last.
Once you get in the truck and tell it you are ready to drive most of the stuff turns off and you have to turn it all back on by hand.

Last edited by Livoniabob; 11-26-2015 at 02:03 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Rampy (11-26-2015)
Old 11-26-2015, 02:46 PM
2018 XLT FX4

Received 641 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by Livoniabob
From what I understand in auto it will if it's cold enough turn on the windshield defroster, rear window defroster, seats, steering wheel and mirror heaters. In manual it will turn on what ever was on when you turned off the truck last.
Once you get in the truck and tell it you are ready to drive most of the stuff turns off and you have to turn it all back on by hand.
Correct, except for the last part. Upon turning the key to the "Start" position, the Climate control will revert back to whatever setting you had it on previously. At least that's the way it works in my truck with manual climate control. Auto C/C could be completely different for all I know.
Old 11-26-2015, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Scott2373
Correct, except for the last part. Upon turning the key to the "Start" position, the Climate control will revert back to whatever setting you had it on previously. At least that's the way it works in my truck with manual climate control. Auto C/C could be completely different for all I know.
Last part being that you have to turn on the steering wheel heater, seat heaters, back window defrost with mirror heaters by hand after pushing the engine button and putting foot on brake. With key start all this stuff stays on?

Must say that the one time I remote started the truck to melt snow off the windshield I wasn't impressed, my old 2002 4.6 with manual climate control with it set to full heat high fan and defrost worked much faster but it didn't have remote start so had to go outside and start it my self and set the controls.

Last edited by Livoniabob; 11-26-2015 at 03:54 PM.
Old 11-26-2015, 04:33 PM

Received 142 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Livoniabob
Last part being that you have to turn on the steering wheel heater, seat heaters, back window defrost with mirror heaters by hand after pushing the engine button and putting foot on brake. With key start all this stuff stays on?
No. On my XLT once I turn the key on I have to turn the seats and rear defroster back on if I want them.
130428 (11-26-2015)
Old 11-26-2015, 08:03 PM

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts

So if it senses that it's too hot will the remote start auto climate control cut on the AC if set to auto?

For me the heat and defrost works great.
Old 11-26-2015, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Geist1911
So if it senses that it's too hot will the remote start auto climate control cut on the AC if set to auto?

For me the heat and defrost works great.
Yes AC if it's hot, nothing if it's around your temp setting and heat if it's cold out.
Geist1911 (11-26-2015)

Quick Reply: Help...Remote Start & Climate Control, Confusing