Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help a noob with spec of build...please

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 01:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help a noob with spec of build...please

Hello all, Getting ready to order what I want for the first time. Thanks to this site I have read and learned a ton of info. Never knew about x-plan (which I qualify for) and many of the details of actually ordering a vehicle instead of just buying off the lot.
I do tow a camper 6-8 times a year and use the back to haul lots of "stuff". Live in Texas and do drive in some moderate off road conditions pretty regularly. Also, I tend keep my vehicles for a long time (8-10 yrs min.)
Below is my list. I know each vehicle is an individual preference but I would really appreciate if I am leaving anything out that you consider a "must have" or a "not worth the price" and with the options I am ordering I should just go to the Lariat. I have always just bought white trucks but I am leaning towards going out of my norm and getting the Blue Flame...thoughts? Thanks in advance for your input.

• Model
• 2015 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrewฎ, 6-1/2' Box, 5.0L V8 FFV Engine, 6-Speed Automatic Electronic Transmission w/Tow/Haul Mode, 4X4, 3.55 Electronic Locking Axle Ratio
• Packages
• 302A
• Equipment Group 302A Discount
• Appearance Package - Sport XLT
• FX4 Off-Road Package
• Trailer Tow Package
• Power Equipment Group
• Exterior
• Blue Flame
• Less Secondary Color
• Bedliner - Spray-In
• Box Side Steps
• BoxLink™
• Extended Range Fuel Tank
• Fog Lamps
• LED Side-Mirror Spotlights
• Power-Sliding Rear-window with Privacy Tint and Defroster
• Rear-window with Fixed Privacy Glass and Defroster
• Remote Start System
• Skid Plates
• Tailgate Step
• Manual Trailer Tow Mirrors with Power Glass
• 5" Accent-Color Tubular Running Boards
• 3.55 Electronic Locking Axle Ratio
• 18-inch Six-Spoke Machined-Aluminum Wheels with Magnetic Painted Pockets
• LT275/65R18C OWL All-Terrain Tires
• Interior
• Black
• 110v/400w Inverter Outlet
• Color-coordinated Carpet with Carpeted Matching Floor Mats
• Cruise Control
• Integrated Trailer Brake Controller
• Rear View Camera
• Single-CD Player with SiriusXM
• SYNCฎ with MyFord Touchฎ
• SiriusXM Satellite Radio
• Unique Sport Cloth 40/Console/40 Front Seats
• Accessories
• None Selected
Old 01-26-2015, 01:42 PM

Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts

Congrats
My favorite color, and what I originally ordered, but i upgraded to a platinum which doesn't come in blue flame .
You might consider Max tow , which adds a few more great options, definitely a bargain.
Try building the same truck in Lariat trim, might be comparable in price because some of the XLT options come standard on Lariat packages.
You can get a blue flame Lariat sport, and it comes with the Sport buckets in black leather........that makes a great looking package
Old 01-26-2015, 01:45 PM
F250>F150

Received 917 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by Deert
Hello all, Getting ready to order what I want for the first time. Thanks to this site I have read and learned a ton of info. Never knew about x-plan (which I qualify for) and many of the details of actually ordering a vehicle instead of just buying off the lot.
I do tow a camper 6-8 times a year and use the back to haul lots of "stuff". Live in Texas and do drive in some moderate off road conditions pretty regularly. Also, I tend keep my vehicles for a long time (8-10 yrs min.)
Below is my list. I know each vehicle is an individual preference but I would really appreciate if I am leaving anything out that you consider a "must have" or a "not worth the price" and with the options I am ordering I should just go to the Lariat. I have always just bought white trucks but I am leaning towards going out of my norm and getting the Blue Flame...thoughts? Thanks in advance for your input.

• Model
• 2015 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrewฎ, 6-1/2' Box, 5.0L V8 FFV Engine, 6-Speed Automatic Electronic Transmission w/Tow/Haul Mode, 4X4, 3.55 Electronic Locking Axle Ratio
• Packages
• 302A
• Equipment Group 302A Discount
• Appearance Package - Sport XLT
• FX4 Off-Road Package
• Trailer Tow Package
• Power Equipment Group
• Exterior
• Blue Flame
• Less Secondary Color
• Bedliner - Spray-In
• Box Side Steps
• BoxLink™
• Extended Range Fuel Tank
• Fog Lamps
• LED Side-Mirror Spotlights
• Power-Sliding Rear-window with Privacy Tint and Defroster
• Rear-window with Fixed Privacy Glass and Defroster
• Remote Start System
• Skid Plates
• Tailgate Step
• Manual Trailer Tow Mirrors with Power Glass
• 5" Accent-Color Tubular Running Boards
• 3.55 Electronic Locking Axle Ratio
• 18-inch Six-Spoke Machined-Aluminum Wheels with Magnetic Painted Pockets
• LT275/65R18C OWL All-Terrain Tires
• Interior
• Black
• 110v/400w Inverter Outlet
• Color-coordinated Carpet with Carpeted Matching Floor Mats
• Cruise Control
• Integrated Trailer Brake Controller
• Rear View Camera
• Single-CD Player with SiriusXM
• SYNCฎ with MyFord Touchฎ
• SiriusXM Satellite Radio
• Unique Sport Cloth 40/Console/40 Front Seats
• Accessories
• None Selected
Very nice build. $45441 by my math. Do you need the FX4 package and trailer-brake for how often you tow? Taking away those things is only about a $500 difference so you might as well keep them. I like it!
Old 01-26-2015, 01:49 PM
F250>F150

Received 917 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeffsmachine
Congrats
My favorite color, and what I originally ordered, but i upgraded to a platinum which doesn't come in blue flame .
You might consider Max tow , which adds a few more great options, definitely a bargain.
Try building the same truck in Lariat trim, might be comparable in price because some of the XLT options come standard on Lariat packages.
You can get a blue flame Lariat sport, and it comes with the Sport buckets in black leather........that makes a great looking package
I think just upping it to a Lariat Sport 4x4 with 501A increases the price without selecting any of the tow options he wanted.

If he were to choose the 502A package it would raise the price by about $3k before selecting any additional towing options, i.e. FX4, Trailer Tow, Tow mirrors, etc.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. And Yes. The build on the lariat with the 501A adds about 3K once options are selected and 502A with the options I want adds about 6-7K. Of course both of those Lariats add other options that might be nice to haves...hmmm

Quick Reply: Help a noob with spec of build...please