Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated wheel and remote start

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 04:17 PM

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Heated wheel and remote start

I still have yet to see my heated wheel turn on with remote start. I have read through every thread on the heated wheel and remote start. But I don't see any real answer on:

1) What is the temperature below which the heated wheel will turn on with remote start (assuming AUTO set in settings screen)?
2) Can this temperature be changed via IDS?
3) Any IDS setting to leave these on after button start instead of having to turn them all back on again... EVERY time?

Have had many days in 30's or below, and NEVER had my wheel warm after 10 minutes of remote start.
Old 02-10-2016, 05:13 PM

Received 118 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by jtech1
I still have yet to see my heated wheel turn on with remote start. I have read through every thread on the heated wheel and remote start. But I don't see any real answer on:

1) What is the temperature below which the heated wheel will turn on with remote start (assuming AUTO set in settings screen)?
2) Can this temperature be changed via IDS?
3) Any IDS setting to leave these on after button start instead of having to turn them all back on again... EVERY time?

Have had many days in 30's or below, and NEVER had my wheel warm after 10 minutes of remote start.
Mine worked this morning and it was in the low 20's this morning. First time it worked so far. Yes you can change the steering wheel heat in IDS. I had my dealer set it to high and remove the enhanced engine noise prior to taking delivery. I have no idea on your third question.
Old 02-10-2016, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by kbass24emtp
Yes you can change the steering wheel heat in IDS. I had my dealer set it to high and remove the enhanced engine noise prior to taking delivery.
Thanks. I know the heat level can be set... but I am curious if the temperature at which it turns on via remote start can be set. I may never see < 20 deg F... but in the 20's and 30's it would sure be nice to have steering wheel heat up with remote start. Hard to believe this is not settable or at least documented somewhere.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:44 PM

Received 118 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by jtech1
Thanks. I know the heat level can be set... but I am curious if the temperature at which it turns on via remote start can be set. I may never see < 20 deg F... but in the 20's and 30's it would sure be nice to have steering wheel heat up with remote start. Hard to believe this is not settable or at least documented somewhere.
The 2012 I had the heated seats would come on when the truck temp was 30 or less. This morning the steering wheel heat was somewhat warm nowhere near the temp when I turn it on. You could go see if your dealer is willing to go play around in IDS and see what they can do. You could also PM jm061 and ask him if it is possible. He has played around in IDS.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:56 PM

Received 98 Likes on 69 Posts

On my Platinum on cold days (around 30 degrees or less), the heated seats are on, the steering wheel heat is on and the rear window defroster is on. I have my setting set to Auto.
Old 02-13-2016, 10:47 AM

Does anyone know if it goes by the exterior temperature or the cabin temperature sensor? On my first remote start yesterday it was 27 exterior and seats and wheel came on with remote start. An hour later, still 27 outside as shown on Sync screen, but seats and wheel did not come on this time. I assume it is all controlled by INTERIOR temperature. If so, is there any way to see the current interior temperature? I only see the HVAC set point, but not the current interior temp on any screens.

Still, if the interior temp point is 30, that is still too low... I would really like it to be 38 or so...

Quick Reply: Heated wheel and remote start