Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone *TRULY* ordered a 2016 yet???

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 06:23 AM

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Default Has anyone *TRULY* ordered a 2016 yet???

I am wanting to order a '16 King Ranch but am not having any success with the dealers. I've only contacted two via email with no response really - other than obligatory canned replies. I sent both a list of the truck plus options I'm wanting. I'm wondering if it's because they can't order yet or if they are not all that interested...since I'm not wanting something they have sitting there. I'm basically standing here with the money and it's burning a hole in my pocket.

Old 09-03-2015, 07:01 AM
All about PurPlazur

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Supercrewbear
I am wanting to order a '16 King Ranch but am not having any success with the dealers. I've only contacted two via email with no response really - other than obligatory canned replies. I sent both a list of the truck plus options I'm wanting. I'm wondering if it's because they can't order yet or if they are not all that interested...since I'm not wanting something they have sitting there. I'm basically standing here with the money and it's burning a hole in my pocket.

The Ford to Dealer incentive to liquidate the remaining 2015 units is probably to good to pass for dealers.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:07 AM

Received 145 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Titaniumone
The Ford to Dealer incentive to liquidate the remaining 2015 units is probably to good to pass for dealers.
Yep...I've called a few and no interest...but we have over 100 in stock...
Old 09-03-2015, 09:23 AM

Received 50 Likes on 12 Posts

Last I talked to my dealer they cannot be ordered yet but he is taking orders for them. He's simply filling out order form for them and as soon as ordering is available to dealers he will just put them into system.

Bottom line is if you have a good dealer to work with you can order a '16 from them but FMC is not taking orders yet. Emailing truck specs online to someone you haven't dealt with they're not going to take real serious. Face to face and a little earnest money will get it done if it's not someone you haven't dealt with
Old 09-03-2015, 11:37 AM

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

I had one dealer tell me FMC isn't taking orders yet and likely won't for some months. He said they called FMC and were told November for orders with a delivery in March. Another dealer said they will start taking orders 9/8 after the financing offer on the 2015s is over. Not sure who to believe and really don't want to have a dealer just take my deposit and sit on it for several months waiting to order and then wait for the build.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:03 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by vegasrider
I had one dealer tell me FMC isn't taking orders yet and likely won't for some months. He said they called FMC and were told November for orders with a delivery in March. Another dealer said they will start taking orders 9/8 after the financing offer on the 2015s is over. Not sure who to believe and really don't want to have a dealer just take my deposit and sit on it for several months waiting to order and then wait for the build.
I hope the dealer that said 9/8 is right. November for March delivery seems impossible.
Old 09-03-2015, 02:14 PM

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by FO RD
Last I talked to my dealer they cannot be ordered yet but he is taking orders for them. He's simply filling out order form for them and as soon as ordering is available to dealers he will just put them into system.

Bottom line is if you have a good dealer to work with you can order a '16 from them but FMC is not taking orders yet. Emailing truck specs online to someone you haven't dealt with they're not going to take real serious. Face to face and a little earnest money will get it done if it's not someone you haven't dealt with
In this day & age with practically everything being on the internet I don't think I'm at all unreasonable with my online shopping. I think the sales folks are unreasonable for totally ignoring me - how difficult is it to say they can't order until such-n-such date and for me to have patients. No response at all is bad business. My last new vehicle I did the entire process with 2-3 emails and a couple text messages, mailing them the deposit check. I never laid eyes on the salesman nor spoke to him until the day I picked my car up. Someone is going to sell me a truck - you'd think the easier the deal for them, the better. I'm not a hard sell - I know what I want exactly - all they have to do is get me a truck. The fact I don't want to buy what they have on the lot should make no difference.

Old 09-04-2015, 12:31 AM

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

We got tired of waiting and ordered something else....oh well, maybe we'll try again FORD in a few years!
Old 09-04-2015, 03:01 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Unless a dealer has an inside hookup high in the FMC VP ranks, he will not have any idea whatsoever when ordering will become available, nor when initial orders will be delivered. Most of the dealer speculations that I have heard base this years deliveries on last year.

But last year was not only a new model year, FMC F-150 production was entirely shut down for two months (after MY2014 closed out) as they switched out from steel to aluminum manufacture, which is why it came so late in November. Believe me, no one was happy about it. Ford calculated that they lost 70K truck sales due to that. But that was LAST year. They're all set up now and the 2016 has undergone almost zero changes.

Yet when I remind these speculating dealers of these facts, it doesnt compute. One even told me that Ford built a new aluminum based mfg plant to avoid a dark period. Heh.

There's nothing new and fancy this year other than Sync3, and Ford has stated that its ready. I expect ordering will open up very soon.

Last edited by LordXayd; 09-04-2015 at 03:09 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Ricktwuhk (09-05-2015)
Old 09-04-2015, 04:53 PM

Received 1,000 Likes on 667 Posts

Notable scheduled dates pertaining to the 2016 F150 are:
  • 2016 F-150 Order Bank Open - August 17, 2015
  • Dearborn Assembly Plant First Production - October 12, 2015
  • Kansas City Assembly Plant First Production - November 9, 2015

Well, this is what is published. FWIW.

http://www.arifleet.com/publications...tart-up_dates/

Airfleet says 10/12/15 production start.

http://www.donlen.com/buildstart-trucks-ford.aspx

Donlen says the same. if true.

Quick Reply: Has anyone *TRULY* ordered a 2016 yet???