Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone done a 1" leveling kit yet?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 08:08 PM
T_R

Received 262 Likes on 184 Posts
Default Has anyone done a 1" leveling kit yet?

Has anyone done a 1" level on a 15 yet? I swore I wasn't going to level mine. But I'm putting the plow on it now and want to give it a little boost for when the blade is up. I don't want 2 or 2.5. I jacked it up to 2" as a test and didn't like the look and more importantly didn't like the CV and ball joint angles. At 1" they obviously still weren't perfect, but looked less severe and something I could live with. It still had some rake at 1" and I though it looked good.

This is the kit I was looking at. It has a shim for the top and a spacer with a bridge for the bottom. Still uses all the factory studs.

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/151...eling-Kit.html

Anyone install this yet?
Old 10-08-2015, 10:34 PM

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

I did the AutoSpring 1-1/2" level, very pleased. But it was on a 13.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:38 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by T_R
Has anyone done a 1" level on a 15 yet? I swore I wasn't going to level mine. But I'm putting the plow on it now and want to give it a little boost for when the blade is up. I don't want 2 or 2.5. I jacked it up to 2" as a test and didn't like the look and more importantly didn't like the CV and ball joint angles. At 1" they obviously still weren't perfect, but looked less severe and something I could live with. It still had some rake at 1" and I though it looked good. This is the kit I was looking at. It has a shim for the top and a spacer with a bridge for the bottom. Still uses all the factory studs. http://www.stage3motorsports.com/151...eling-Kit.html Anyone install this yet?
How about lowering the rear 1.25" by removing the blocks instead of raising the front? Unless your getting huge tires and need the clearance it'll give you a more level look for free and won't change and geometry of your alignment or suspension components.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:43 PM
T_R

Originally Posted by AbitaPro
I did the AutoSpring 1-1/2" level, very pleased. But it was on a 13.
Yeah I saw that kit too. Maybe, I didn't like the angle the cv joints sat at when I jacked it up over an inch. I will actually use the truck hard in 4WD, so I don't want to put anything at an angle that will cause issues.

Originally Posted by RyanCZiegler
How about lowering the rear 1.25" by removing the blocks instead of raising the front? Unless your getting huge tires and need the clearance it'll give you a more level look for free and won't change and geometry of your alignment or suspension components.
This is going to be a plow truck in Maine. We get a lot of snow. Lowering it would not be a good idea. I'm not doing this for looks, it's more to keep the nose up when the blade is raised.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:41 PM

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

Ok increase tire size, CV BJ angles stay same!
Old 10-09-2015, 12:23 AM
T_R

Originally Posted by AbitaPro
Ok increase tire size, CV BJ angles stay same!

Not an option either. They would rub like crazy with how I will use the truck. It would be even worse with wheelwells packed full of snow.

Basically I'm thinking of putting the 1" level in so when the blade is up, it sits at a normal height. If it looks a bit nicer in the summer without tearing up the front end, then great.

I am thinking of changing tires though, I want something more all terrain and better in snow. Duratracs would be sweet, but are $1200. I might do General Grabber AT2 they are only $600. I had those on my last truck for 2 winters and liked them.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:29 AM

Received 145 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by T_R
Yeah I saw that kit too. Maybe, I didn't like the angle the cv joints sat at when I jacked it up over an inch. I will actually use the truck hard in 4WD, so I don't want to put anything at an angle that will cause issues.

This is going to be a plow truck in Maine. We get a lot of snow. Lowering it would not be a good idea. I'm not doing this for looks, it's more to keep the nose up when the blade is raised.
I wouldn't think 1" vs 1.5" would make that big of a difference, but 3" is definitely a no-go vs 2.5", so maybe...

You can wait until Bilstein releases their 5100 adjustable struts. If like the 2009-2013, they'll have a .75" 1st setting. Not sure if my science is right, but the little bit of pre-load on the spring might help with front squatting too.

Aside from that, you might look into some coilovers, and find a heavier spring rate. You could dial it to the height you desire, and the stiffer spring would support the blade better.
Old 10-09-2015, 05:05 PM
T_R

Originally Posted by thatdudethere
I wouldn't think 1" vs 1.5" would make that big of a difference, but 3" is definitely a no-go vs 2.5", so maybe...

You can wait until Bilstein releases their 5100 adjustable struts. If like the 2009-2013, they'll have a .75" 1st setting. Not sure if my science is right, but the little bit of pre-load on the spring might help with front squatting too.

Aside from that, you might look into some coilovers, and find a heavier spring rate. You could dial it to the height you desire, and the stiffer spring would support the blade better.
Any idea when those struts are coming out or an idea on price?

Coilovers are probably overkill for me right now. I can't justify $800+ for this.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:03 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by T_R
Any idea when those struts are coming out or an idea on price?

Coilovers are probably overkill for me right now. I can't justify $800+ for this.
My guess is probably 90-120 per side. At least thats what I have seen for prices for models out right now.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:51 PM
T_R

Originally Posted by kalison
My guess is probably 90-120 per side. At least thats what I have seen for prices for models out right now.
That seems reasonable to me.

Quick Reply: Has anyone done a 1" leveling kit yet?