Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gatorback Mud Flaps

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gatorback Mud Flaps

Has anyone been shopping for them for the holidays? I'm looking for the best price on a front and rear set and the ones from the Ford Accessories are way higher than I want to pay. Anyone know where to find them for a good deal?
Old 12-08-2016, 08:32 AM

Received 148 Likes on 96 Posts

Sharptruck.com had the best prices on the razorback mud flaps when I bought them awhile ago. Razorbacks are the same as Gatorbacks, just without the logo plates, so much cheaper. They probably have good prices on Gatorbacks as well, though. They also have great customer service.

Last edited by fsae150; 12-08-2016 at 09:06 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Imissthenorth (12-08-2016)
Old 12-08-2016, 11:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fsae150
Sharptruck.com had the best prices on the razorback mud flaps when I bought them awhile ago. Razorbacks are the same as Gatorbacks, just without the logo plates, so much cheaper. They probably have good prices on Gatorbacks as well, though. They also have great customer service.
I second sharp truck, but... through the dealer you will get the rubber with holes pre cut so depending on your time and skill level that might be worth a few extra bucks.
The Razorbacks have some differences that i can tell. Have seen both. Razorbacks are still a very good heavy duty flap but has an embedded flat stainless plate, the Gatorback is their premium line, with formed plate with die stamped logo options, plus the Gatorback has a lifetime tear off warranty. So again you def get what you pay for but the Razorbacks on fsae150's truck turned out great.
If you buy the brackets from sharptruck they come with a paper template to cut the holes in either the Razors or Gators.
Good install videos online as well.
Imissthenorth (12-08-2016)
Old 12-08-2016, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by GNTY
I second sharp truck, but... through the dealer you will get the rubber with holes pre cut so depending on your time and skill level that might be worth a few extra bucks.
Oh, good catch. I didn't realize they came precut from the dealer, but that makes sense. I had to spend some time punching my own holes with a hollow punch and hammer, which is a pain, especially if you don't have a hollow punch.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:14 PM

Received 51 Likes on 39 Posts

Do these flaps hang pretty low for leveled trucks. Or is there room to set them a bit lower than the pre drilled holes?
Old 12-08-2016, 07:13 PM

There's room to lower them a little bit. I didn't because I didn't want them to drag or get pinched when off roading. You can lookup the gatorback install videos on youtube for some good videos that show them up close during and after the install. I also posted some pics of my truck on a thread you can lookup on this forum.
GregSBF (12-08-2016)
Old 12-08-2016, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Punching my own holes, while it may be a pain, is definitely worth the cost savings. Thanks to the both of you for the input and I will be looking into the Razorbacks as well.
Old 12-10-2016, 06:03 PM

Received 51 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Imissthenorth
Has anyone been shopping for them for the holidays? I'm looking for the best price on a front and rear set and the ones from the Ford Accessories are way higher than I want to pay. Anyone know where to find them for a good deal?
Good price on the ford accessories kits at fordparts.store