Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gas Pedal Vibration at 2500-3500 RPM - Common?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 10:40 AM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Gas Pedal Vibration at 2500-3500 RPM - Common?

So I have partially pulled the trigger (Haven's signed on it yet) on a brand new 2015 Lariat 3.5 Eco 502a, Max Tow, 3.55 E-Locker. When on the test drive I noticed a vibration mainly in the gas pedal and slightly in the steering wheel (High frequency, almost like a massager was under the pedal) from the 2500-3500 RPM range. It goes away at higher RPM of 3500+ and is smooth as glass up to 2500 RPM. This happens in every gear. I can put the truck in 1 and in that RPM range it vibrates, or if on the highway it will do it in gear 3 at about 55 MPH and 2500-3500 RPM.

My best guess is something wasn't tightened properly at the factory, the exhaust is vibrating at those RPM and hitting the steering shaft, firewall, or something like that.

I brought the vehicle back and dropped it off and said fix it and we have a deal. They are trying to get me to buy the truck and have it fixed after the sale (Umm... No!). Even going as far as saying "Well, how much are you in that RPM range? You don't drive like that normally..." That's not the point.

I will not take delivery of something until fixed and it better be as close to perfect as you can get. I have driven 4-5 other 3.5 Eco's and I have never noticed this vibration.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I will probably go to a different dealer and drive the same set-up to make sure that every one doesn't do this. If it is on every one of them I think I will have to target a different vehicle for purchase. The Vibration will drive me up a wall!

And yes, I could get a different one, but this one has the exact options that I want, in the color I want. Its a rare build.
Old 09-17-2015, 10:52 AM

Received 189 Likes on 120 Posts

The vibration in the steering wheel is most likely the lane keeping system. As for the gas pedal vibration many of us have experienced the same thing and there are other threads on it. I've gotten used to it and it doesn't bother me anymore.
The following 2 users liked this post by JBrax:
FX4* (02-24-2016), tailhook (04-15-2017)
Old 09-17-2015, 02:42 PM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Just got back from test driving a different one with the same setup for trim level, engine/trans/gear ratio at a different dealership.

No Vibration in the pedal at all. Smooth as glass through a 0-4000 RPM Sweep.

Heard back from the dealership.. "Everything checks out perfect, and that's the way they all are"...

Ummm... No...

I'm going to have to pass on this one as the vibration will drive me absolutely crazy if I purchased it. Someone else can deal with trips to the service dept and get told "Cannot Duplicate Symptoms" and get told that everything is 100% as it should be.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:11 PM

Received 312 Likes on 227 Posts

Search for "vibration in the gas pedal." There's a decent thread on it. Not a lot of participants in the thread but the few that have the vibrations hate it. I'm one of them. 502A Lariat 3.5EB Max tow. I've actually glued a piece of rubber to the gas pedal that I cut from a floor mat. It helps quell about 50% of the vibes. Pretty redneck solution for 55k truck. My problem was it was raining when I test drove my particular truck so I didn't get on it...at all. I had driven another truck just like mine previously that had no vibes so I figured my model would be the same. I figured wrong. Been to the dealer twice to hear "they all do that."
Old 09-17-2015, 06:20 PM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

mine does it but only after i leveled it and put different tires on it. i know this will seem or sound stupid but i think it has something to do with turbo in that particular rpm range. it almost feels like it is doing double time in those rpm ranges and is resonating through to the gas pedal somehow
Old 09-17-2015, 06:24 PM

Received 189 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by 2009KR
mine does it but only after i leveled it and put different tires on it. i know this will seem or sound stupid but i think it has something to do with turbo in that particular rpm range. it almost feels like it is doing double time in those rpm ranges and is resonating through to the gas pedal somehow
Nope, 5.0 here and mine does it.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:31 PM

Received 312 Likes on 227 Posts

I wonder if it has something to do with the transfer case of the Lariats and higher models. I haven't seen any XLT people complain about this issue. Our transfer cases are different than the other models because we have the 4WD auto feature. That's the only thing I can think of.

Edit: I think Booze Daily pointed that out in the transfer case issue thread. I could be wrong.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:31 PM

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by vinnievis
Just got back from test driving a different one with the same setup for trim level, engine/trans/gear ratio at a different dealership.

No Vibration in the pedal at all. Smooth as glass through a 0-4000 RPM Sweep.

Heard back from the dealership.. "Everything checks out perfect, and that's the way they all are"...

Ummm... No...

I'm going to have to pass on this one as the vibration will drive me absolutely crazy if I purchased it. Someone else can deal with trips to the service dept and get told "Cannot Duplicate Symptoms" and get told that everything is 100% as it should be.
Sounds like you should get a different F-150 and probably from a different dealer as well.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:48 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by KYBuckeye
I wonder if it has something to do with the transfer case of the Lariats and higher models. I haven't seen any XLT people complain about this issue. Our transfer cases are different than the other models because we have the 4WD auto feature. That's the only thing I can think of.

Edit: I think Booze Daily pointed that out in the transfer case issue thread. I could be wrong.

I have a 2015 XLT sport supercab, I have the vibration on the gas pedal
Old 09-17-2015, 07:45 PM

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by euripides
I have a 2015 XLT sport supercab, I have the vibration on the gas pedal
Same here 2015 XLT 2.7 vibes in the gas pedal.

Quick Reply: Gas Pedal Vibration at 2500-3500 RPM - Common?