Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front wheel noise..Iwe??

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front wheel noise..Iwe??

I have a noise in front end at all speeds sounds like left front very similar to a wheel bearing ,goes away when I put into 4h put wheels up and spun each wheel and the cv shafts are spinning when in 2h ,is this normal also no clicking or grinding just the wheel bearing whirring noise thanks for any help.truck only has 1300 miles with level kit that I installed very carefully
Old 12-27-2015, 08:42 AM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by schmotzy
I have a noise in front end at all speeds sounds like left front very similar to a wheel bearing ,goes away when I put into 4h put wheels up and spun each wheel and the cv shafts are spinning when in 2h ,is this normal also no clicking or grinding just the wheel bearing whirring noise thanks for any help.truck only has 1300 miles with level kit that I installed very carefully
I just traded it in but my lifted '11 did this (intermittently) for the better part of 82,000 miles. Annoying and disconcerting but it never became an actual problem. Always suspected the IWE but didn't find out and just traded it in. One bit of advice I have is that if its under warranty and fairly consistent/reproducible I'd definitely take it in to have it looked at.
Old 12-27-2015, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's always there best way to describe is a wheel bearing noise ....the ford dealer tech took for a ride and said could be my pinion angles from the level kit ..it's going in tomorrow for further diagnosis

Quick Reply: Front wheel noise..Iwe??