Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front End/ 4x4 issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front End/ 4x4 issues

I have a 2015 Platinum 4x4 that is having front end/ 4x4 issues, truck has been to the dealership a couple of times to get it fixed. Dealership is having issues pin pointing the problem. Driving is 2wheel drive truck had a clunking sound, shift into 4 Auto and truck would make a terrible grinding sound. Gas mileage dropped as well. Dealership replaced both front end hubs which eliminated the grinding sound and some of the loose clunking....but am still having a loose feel in the foot pedals and gas mileage is still not where it should be....max mpg currently is at 17.3...was getting 19-20 mpg. To me it feels like this is an issue in the front end 4X4 system that engages the front wheels for the 4 wheel drive..??? Anyone else had any or similar issues?
Old 07-28-2015, 05:27 PM

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I can't get my head around "loose feeling in the pedals" or a connection to the problem.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:05 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by Infullstrut
I have a 2015 Platinum 4x4 that is having front end/ 4x4 issues, truck has been to the dealership a couple of times to get it fixed. Dealership is having issues pin pointing the problem. Driving is 2wheel drive truck had a clunking sound, shift into 4 Auto and truck would make a terrible grinding sound. Gas mileage dropped as well. Dealership replaced both front end hubs which eliminated the grinding sound and some of the loose clunking....but am still having a loose feel in the foot pedals and gas mileage is still not where it should be....max mpg currently is at 17.3...was getting 19-20 mpg. To me it feels like this is an issue in the front end 4X4 system that engages the front wheels for the 4 wheel drive..??? Anyone else had any or similar issues?
Hi Infullstrut,

Please send a PM with your current mileage; I'll see what I can do to assist.

Chad

Quick Reply: Front End/ 4x4 issues