Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Friends & Family Dumped- Cash Coming?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 01:06 PM

Received 1,000 Likes on 667 Posts

Default Friends & Family Dumped- Cash Coming?

According to the WSJ, the F&N promotion is being cancelled, replaced by cash rebates.

We'll see Tuesday.

Looks like people are wising up to the fact that the F&N deal (AKA X-Plan), is not that great. See the thread about how much under invoice people are getting.

Updated Nov. 27, 2015 4:28 p.m. ET
Ford Motor Co. is ditching its “Friends & Neighbors” marketing campaign after the insider-pricing offer failed to live up to sales expectations.
The No. 2 U.S. auto maker by sales launched the no-haggle price deal in early November with plans to continue through January 4. Customers and dealers gave it a lukewarm reception and Ford will move to a more-conventional bonus cash offer for December, according to several dealers.
A Ford spokesman confirmed the move away from Friends & Neighbors, but didn’t outline specific details of its next campaign—which is to begin on Tuesday.
Buyers didn’t always feel like they were getting a good enough deal, especially when stacked up against rival offers.

Last edited by All Hat No Cattle; 11-28-2015 at 01:08 PM.
Old 11-28-2015, 01:29 PM
Master

Received 452 Likes on 254 Posts

Great. That was the worst thing that happened to getting a good deal.

Great for the rookies, but terrible for most.
Old 11-28-2015, 01:43 PM

Received 333 Likes on 214 Posts

The best feature of X-Plan was the cap on Doc/Admin Fees vis-a-vis some outrageous same fees of $500-700 where $75 was an average norm as in my home state. But yes, seasoned buyers were commonly buying vehicles at negotiated prices far less than F&N prices. Now, many other buyers will be fair game for dealers, much like the old days prior to mandated Monroney stickers.
The following users liked this post:
canddmeyer (11-28-2015)
Old 11-28-2015, 02:14 PM

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

The best deals are waiting to be had, but honestly I love how well my old Ford truck is built and drives.

I truly wouldn't consider buying any new '15-16 F-150 even if they had a $20K off MSRP end of the year special!

But for the rest of you looking to buy a new Ford, I'm hoping they make it an end of the year special you won't forget! Buy and Enjoy!
Old 11-28-2015, 03:11 PM

Received 194 Likes on 118 Posts

I locked in my lease deal (x-plan) back in august when I ordered my truck but I thought I would see what the difference was with the F&F deal. I was surprised to see that the monthly payment went up about $40-45. When I picked mine up I asked the salesman what the deal was with that and he said the interest rate went up 2pts and the residual dropped. Seams like its not as good as an X plan after all if they raise the interest rates.
Old 11-28-2015, 05:38 PM
T_R

Received 262 Likes on 184 Posts

X plan really isn't a bad deal for the average buyer. I think the problem might be there are very few average buyers left. I bet just about everyone looks up the invoice price online now before walking into a showroom.
Old 11-28-2015, 06:17 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I just picked up a 2016 Fusion and the F&N program got me to look at a Ford. I got it for less than F&N pricing so I'm happy, but Ford did their best in my opinion to attract buyers that otherwise wouldn't have looked at a Ford. I'm a longtime Toyota lover. At least F&N put a stop to the dealer BS for awhile. In my state new Fords are rare. Dodge is the #1 truck here because the dealers will deal. Ford & Chevrolet won't. Toyota won't update or upgrade their product so they only make good used vehicles. Anyway, happy with my Fusion and thank you Ford.
Old 11-28-2015, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does December usually have better rebates then November? I would think the dealers would be dropping there prices to make room for the 16 models but there not around here. I was gonna drive 4-5 hrs to get my new one Monday but I may need to wait on December deals instead of November . I'm use to 8-12k off gm vehicles. Ford is proud of there prices
Old 11-28-2015, 09:31 PM

Received 82 Likes on 51 Posts

Last edited by overpropped; 11-30-2015 at 01:52 PM.
Old 11-28-2015, 10:17 PM

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

Default Over Priced, Under Valued!

Originally Posted by overpropped
Yup as I said in another thread Friends and Family plan was just some bullcrap marketing scam. Everyone was already paying less than invoice so what is the big deal.

Secondly Ford has their MSRP set about 5k too high across the board. When a loaded XLT is ~50k come on.... Then they give 14k off to bring it down to a reasonable 35k.

But they won't give you 15k off a Platinum??? How can they let you have 14k off a 50k truck but won't give you the same deal off a 63k truck.

Anyhow Ford if your listening I am a buyer of a Platinum with 15k off. I'll wait. I know of 2 of my buddies that are the same. You wanna sell trucks come off the high as hell prices.
It's called marketing! They got everyone talking about aluminum and features and great mileage, so they jacked up the prices. As long as they can maintain sales, prices will stay artificially high.

That's all fine for awhile, but when you don't get the quality for the extra dollars, later not sooner, customers will finally figure out they paid way too much! It's exactly like buying new electronic TV technology too early in its life. The early adopters pay ridiculous premiums, but eventually prices drop!

Quick Reply: Friends & Family Dumped- Cash Coming?