Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Fox Shocks for Fabtech 6" Lift? Help!

Old 09-07-2015, 05:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Which Fox Shocks for Fabtech 6" Lift? Help!

I have a 6" Fabtech lift and the ride quality is horrible. Feels like the truck is going to bounce off the road when I'm on the highway. My wife is starting to complain about the ride and isn't happy after the lift.
Would upgrading to Fox shocks help?

I already have the Hellwig sway bar in the mail
Which Fox shocks (part number)?

Thanks,
Anthony
Old 09-07-2015, 05:14 PM

Received 145 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by cubsalltheway
I have a 6" Fabtech lift and the ride quality is horrible. Feels like the truck is going to bounce off the road when I'm on the highway. My wife is starting to complain about the ride and isn't happy after the lift.
Would upgrading to Fox shocks help?

I already have the Hellwig sway bar in the mail
Which Fox shocks (part number)?

Thanks,
Anthony
Fox doesn't list them on their part lookup. You'll probably need to get them from BDS
98224760 Fox 2.0 Shock 33.85 x 20.75 x 2- EB1/EB1
Old 09-08-2015, 05:06 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

That's surprising I have the same lift and would say it's the best ride in a truck I've ever had! I did put the fox 2. 0s in the rear but the front is the stock factory strut with the fabtech spacer. What tires are you running and what pressure are they at?
Old 09-08-2015, 05:09 AM

He is correct though they are the fox shocks from bds. The rears you can do 2. 0s but the fronts you either have to use 2. 0s and spacer still or go up to 2.5 reservoir fronts for full 6 inch. I had a buddy price out the dirt logic coils made for fabtech and they were about half the dealer cost of the Fox's. But I think you have to be in the industry to buy them, they wouldn't sell them to me Direct but worth a look!
Old 09-08-2015, 07:45 AM

Fuel 20x9 wheels with Toyo 35" Open Country AT II tires
Shop put 50 psi in the tires and I am trying to see if lowering them to 40 will make a difference.
Is that too low psi for these tires? I am worried about the ride but also want to make sure that I am not compromising the tires by lowering them this low
Old 09-08-2015, 08:17 AM

Received 91 Likes on 67 Posts

Shop put 50 psi in the tires and I am trying to see if lowering them to 40 will make a difference.
Is that too low psi for these tires? I am worried about the ride but also want to make sure that I am not compromising the tires by lowering them this low
50lbs is too high and will cause you to have a rough ride plus will wear out the center of the tire. 40lbs will probably work but I would adjust as needed. I have the same tire on order but, don't know what pressure I will run yet. The shop that installed my last lift and tires inflated to 65* because that was the max pressure for the tire and I had trouble with rubbing fenders and rough ride. Once I deflated too 38* I had less rubbing and better ride.
Old 09-08-2015, 11:08 AM

Yeah I have the toyo mts and run them about 35-38 lbs when not towing. There's a couple good threads on here about tire pressure and weight you have on each tire. If your not hauling I've found that range to be best and well within safe limits
Old 09-08-2015, 09:00 PM

I have noticed that the ride has improved after deflating the tires to 40 psi and there is still rubbing but not as exaggerated as before.
The Toyo AT II look amazing, haven't seen many that look better considering it is an AT but does have a rough ride.
Could part of the issue be that the shocks have a break-in period and will improve over time/use?
Old 09-08-2015, 10:46 PM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

that is way too much air in the tires lower it to 40 and see how that is.
Old 11-29-2015, 01:17 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

try 35, it what I run mine at and they are very nice riding!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Which Fox Shocks for Fabtech 6" Lift? Help!