Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Remote Access Not Working - Update

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 09:34 AM
Saved by Grace

Received 262 Likes on 68 Posts
Thumbs down Ford Remote Access Not Working - Update

How frustrating...

After paying a bunch of money for the Ford Remote Access product and then the $50/year annual fee, the system has been failing me since November 13, 2015. It has worked intermittently since then, but about 80% of the time I get an error code: 00020005.

I went online and found a number to call 800-FORD-KEY which was not any good because that is a dealership installation hotline. Luckily I found a person there (who requested to remain anonymous) and they were very helpful. S/he stated that they were able to communicate with Spindance and Spindance said via an interoffice memorandum: "our CPU is reaching its threshold and a CPU upgrade will be done on Thanksgiving".

While an apparent solution is pending, there is a MAJOR problem. For 10 years FORD has offered this service (Ford Remote Access) but there is no place for a consumer to call with an issue. The old line "take it to your dealership" is total BS when there is a communication issue on a system that has operated perfect for months. This just wastes the consumer's time, the dealerships time and adds more frustration to a problem with a simple solution.

The simple answer is COMMUNICATION!!! If you know your system is hitting the max CPU capability and you have a CPU upgrade coming, PLEASE... use your brain and send an email out to all current paying customers to let them know you are aware of the situation and that you are doing something about it!

Finally, PLEASE... give us a number to call and report issues when there are communication issues. I'm sure the call will end up in India, but that's better than NOTHING!!!

Last edited by Neffster; 11-25-2015 at 09:55 AM.
Old 11-25-2015, 09:54 AM
American Muscle

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Ive been looking into the remote access... I really liked this feature with Onstar on my GMC. Please keep up updated in this thread if they fix it by next week.

Quick Reply: Ford Remote Access Not Working - Update