Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FORD = No Loaner Vehicles

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 05:49 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default FORD = No Loaner Vehicles

Local dealership wants to fix my dash warp with some new trim pieces. (Will update in that thread later, for you forum *****). Told me they don't offer loaners, and if I wanted to wait for a Nissan Maxima expect two weeks. Does Ford not reimburse the dealer for the rental if they put you in one of the dealers "demos" for you to drive. Mind you they don't know how long the repair will take, and chances are if I'm not happy they will keep it over night. Im not picky but this is for my wife and infant child to drive. And safety is why we buy these full size trucks right....

Ford not offering a loaner to me is like your employer telling you to run an errand in your car during work. If something happens to me on the clock its now my employers concern. Shouldn't Ford man up and put you in something comparable to what you pay for, in order for them to fix their shortcomings? Safest truck on the road, til your hit after walking home from the dealership after leaving a 40k dollar truck for warranty work. Didn't have this problem with GM.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:19 PM

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts

I think it's probley up to the dealer to give you a loaner.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:31 PM
Senior

Received 119 Likes on 112 Posts

double check you warranty. I think it covers the rental. My dealers worked with Enterprise or uses a demo depending on the work done. (how long it will take).
Old 09-08-2015, 07:35 PM
Automotive Refinish Tech

Received 1,747 Likes on 1,135 Posts

Different per dealership. Some offer loaners, some don't. None are required to.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its definitely a dealer specific issue. My dealer is always quick to offer one up, and if not available, they get a rental, which rarely is the case if its a scheduled appointment.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:39 PM
T_R

Received 262 Likes on 184 Posts

I think Ford's policy is you get a rental if your truck is disabled. Some dealers will give loaners out for any service on their dime, not Fords for customer satisfaction.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:48 PM

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Hobbs62
Local dealership wants to fix my dash warp with some new trim pieces. (Will update in that thread later, for you forum *****). Told me they don't offer loaners, and if I wanted to wait for a Nissan Maxima expect two weeks. Does Ford not reimburse the dealer for the rental if they put you in one of the dealers "demos" for you to drive. Mind you they don't know how long the repair will take, and chances are if I'm not happy they will keep it over night. Im not picky but this is for my wife and infant child to drive. And safety is why we buy these full size trucks right....

Ford not offering a loaner to me is like your employer telling you to run an errand in your car during work. If something happens to me on the clock its now my employers concern. Shouldn't Ford man up and put you in something comparable to what you pay for, in order for them to fix their shortcomings? Safest truck on the road, til your hit after walking home from the dealership after leaving a 40k dollar truck for warranty work. Didn't have this problem with GM.

Ford offers a Premium care ? Extended Warranty that has a rental option, but not sure when the option comes into play. Actually depends on the dealer, they do, they don't or maybe depends on the repair.

Everyone has to make their own decisions, but before I would let a dealer remove my minimally (assuming) warped dashboard, to replace with another that's likely going to do the same, and then have a possibility of creating more problems. I would have weighed the option to getting that repair. But that's me.

Good luck and hopefully all goes well, enjoy your new truck!
Old 09-08-2015, 07:53 PM

Received 871 Likes on 695 Posts

It's up to the dealer! I believe Ford only get involved when your between when the 3/36 and end of extended warranty.

It doesn't require if your vehicle is disabled. I got one when I had my upper bumper pad repainted, and the 3 times it was in for ****tie A/C.

Wayne
Old 09-08-2015, 09:06 PM

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

language in the warranty only allows loaners if the vehicle is going to be out of commission for more than a day. But some dealerships do offer a vehicle as a courtesy in certain cases.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My dealer doesn't do loaners. Mine was in the shop for two days and I had so suck it up. They do have onsite Enterprise, if I wanted to fork over some of my own money.

I should have done more research into which dealer I bought from. Seems to be dealer specific as to how they treat you.

John

Quick Reply: FORD = No Loaner Vehicles