Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fog light led

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 07:59 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Fog light led

Can't figure out why the platinum has all led but the fogs? Anyway my LED replacement bulbs come in tomorrow I'll post pictures on how they look at night. Has anyone else replace the fogs with led plug n plays? and have you had good luck with them
Old 09-18-2015, 08:28 PM

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts

I have read that the regular (factory) fog lights are much brighter. Maybe factory lights work better in fog who knows.
The following users liked this post:
Nick Hurter (09-18-2015)
Old 09-18-2015, 09:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My new led for my fog lights are on there way from japan or china or ... I didn't order the resistance to cancel the lamp out message (I forgot!!) Can anybody tell my what is the resistance of that small harness, I know the resistance is a 10watts but I am searching to know the Ohms?

I couldn't understand why they put everything in led except the fog, I was thinking that they left this option for the Kingranch/Platinum truck (I have a Lariat...)

Thanks
Nick Hurter (09-18-2015)
Old 09-18-2015, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by jfjk
My new led for my fog lights are on there way from japan or china or ... I didn't order the resistance to cancel the lamp out message (I forgot!!) Can anybody tell my what is the resistance of that small harness, I know the resistance is a 10watts but I am searching to know the Ohms?

I couldn't understand why they put everything in led except the fog, I was thinking that they left this option for the Kingranch/Platinum truck (I have a Lariat...)

Thanks
I have a platinum with every conceivable option and it does not have the LED fog lights.

Last edited by Nick Hurter; 09-20-2015 at 11:59 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 09:25 PM

Thanks
Well darn..... I didn't know there was a light out warning for the fogs...... grrrrrrr
BTW how do you create a signature that'll have the statistics of your truck?
Old 09-18-2015, 09:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Hurter
Well darn..... I didn't know there was a light out warning for the fogs
I didn't know, I've read that here somewhere!
Nick Hurter (09-18-2015)
Old 09-18-2015, 09:29 PM

I didn't know, I've read that here somewhere!
Guess I'll find out tomorrow! !
Old 09-18-2015, 09:37 PM

[QUOTE=jfjk;4336603]My new led for my fog lights are on there way from japan or china or ... I didn't order the resistance to cancel the lamp out message (I forgot!!) Can anybody tell my what is the resistance of that small harness, I know the resistance is a 10watts but I am searching to know the Ohms?

Thanks[/QUOTE
Hiw many watts are the ones you ordered? Mine are 50 watts max capacity and operate at 10 watts
Old 09-18-2015, 10:46 PM

Received 2,952 Likes on 1,647 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Hurter
Can't figure out why the platinum has all led but the fogs? Anyway my LED replacement bulbs come in tomorrow I'll post pictures on how they look at night. Has anyone else replace the fogs with led plug n plays? and have you had good luck with them

If youre putting white LED bulbs in the fog light housing theyre no longer fog lights...theyre just lights.
Old 09-18-2015, 10:47 PM

Received 197 Likes on 150 Posts

Most replacement bulbs are weak. I have HL3600 fanless Head light bulbs in my fogs. They are nice and bright.

Quick Reply: Fog light led