Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F150 Screw is the best baby road trip car!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 01:06 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking F150 Screw is the best baby road trip car!

My son is 2 month old and so is my 2016 Screw F150. I also have a Honda Odyssey! My wife would not want to ride the minivan anymore with the baby after riding in my truck. Guess what, as the center console is the best changing table ever!!! :thumbsup

reply if you agree
The following 3 users liked this post by blackmars:
4Rook (04-12-2016), craig1wilson1 (04-12-2016), SeatGuru (04-12-2016)
Old 04-12-2016, 05:17 AM
Save the Manuals!

Received 1,058 Likes on 492 Posts

Once you get over the stigma having a minivan is pretty awesome. We had a Odyssey for a few years before trading it on my wife's CR-V and I regret getting rid of it. Extremely versatile and comfortable. That being said I prefer driving my F150 as well
Old 04-12-2016, 08:29 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My wife and 4 month old daughter agree on your center counsel statement. My daughter loves laying and watching the clouds through the moon roof. We also love the extra room in the back seat as well for feeding and playing, tons of room even with the stroller, diaper bag, and car seat.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:35 AM

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by gatorblue92
Once you get over the stigma having a minivan is pretty awesome. We had a Odyssey for a few years before trading it on my wife's CR-V and I regret getting rid of it. Extremely versatile and comfortable. That being said I prefer driving my F150 as well
I wish my wife would get a minivan. She can't get over the stigma. She has an Infiniti QX80 now. It's a nice car, she loves it, but it's just not that functional for our three kids (4, 2 and 7 months).

Oh well. 1st world problems I suppose...
Old 04-12-2016, 08:43 AM
Super Duper Senior Member

Received 346 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by gatorblue92
I guess that really depends on the person. My Wife got one when our daughter was younger, against my recommendation. She ended up hating it. i guess if you have a bunch of kids I could see the need for it. But if you only have 1 or 2, I don't see anything the minivan can do that an SUV couldn't. And there are things that SUV can do that the minivan can't.

She had to keep the minivan for a couple of years, but as soon as we were no longer upside down on it, she traded it in on a Jeep Grand Cherokee.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:59 AM

Received 199 Likes on 74 Posts

We had the SUV with the 3rd row and tried it with 3 kids but there was almost no room for strollers, luggage, and all that other crap.

We borrowed my parents Odyssey for a week while on vacation and came home and traded in the SUV for a minivan. I think with 2 kids a SUV is doable but with 3 kids a minivan is a must. My wife said she would never drive one but loves her minivan now. Its so easy to hit the auto sliding doors on the keyfob and let them all pile in. The rear holds a ton of luggage and if you have a dvd system in there its even better. I could hear crickets chirping in the minivan on long trips if the kids are watching in a movie.

check out this short parody about dads and minivans
http://bobbybones.iheart.com/onair/b...ivan-14275499/

BUT I still plan to take the truck when we go on vacation this year.......just need to find a good roll up cover for the bed. I had a ARE fiberglass on my last truck and loved it but if I need to load something big in the bed I needed to find a friend and take the cover off. The roll ups seem much more piratical and look almost as good as the painter fiberglass covers.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:43 AM
Super Duper Senior Member

Received 346 Likes on 281 Posts

More than 2 kids is when Minivans start making sense to me. We only have one. Unless you are getting an Expedition XL or the like, SUV's won't have enough room. Although I will say that my SuperCab truck with 6 1/2 foot bed has plenty of room.

I shoot 3gun, and we use jogging strollers to carry or guns and gear. We add ATV rifle holders to the sides. I have had 3 other shooters in the truck with me on longer trips, and all 4 of our strollers along with our gear fit in the bed of my truck under the bed cover.

Name:  gun-stroller_zpsymfyjtu0.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  153.8 KB
Old 04-12-2016, 10:37 AM

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by tuflehundon
More than 2 kids is when Minivans start making sense to me. We only have one. Unless you are getting an Expedition XL or the like, SUV's won't have enough room. Although I will say that my SuperCab truck with 6 1/2 foot bed has plenty of room.

I shoot 3gun, and we use jogging strollers to carry or guns and gear. We add ATV rifle holders to the sides. I have had 3 other shooters in the truck with me on longer trips, and all 4 of our strollers along with our gear fit in the bed of my truck under the bed cover.

That's is the coolest stroller I've ever seen! I take 3 other guys prairie dog hunting every year with my truck. All the guns, ammo, tables and other gear fits under the cover just like yours. I can't imagine using a different kind of vehicle. We have three kids and everyone always asked us when we were going to get a minivan. I was the only one of my friends that never got one. We are on our 3rd screw. Last man standing...........😜
The following users liked this post:
tuflehundon (04-12-2016)
Old 04-12-2016, 10:37 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

We just have one child, he turned two a few months ago. All he's really known is a smaller, older sedan and he is in awe when sitting in the back seat with the double moonroof etc. Yesterday he cried when I tried taking him out after a little drive!
Old 04-12-2016, 11:43 AM
The FORScan Guy

Received 4,909 Likes on 1,991 Posts

I have a 7-year old autistic son who used to try to free himself from his 5-point harness booster seat constantly, would pull seat belts during any drive and basically touch & kick everything he could reach in my wife's Nissan Murano. Since getting my truck a month ago, he now sits in the identical booster seat in the back like a model citizen and just enjoys the view. Having a new truck...great, having a peaceful drive with child in back...priceless!

Quick Reply: F150 Screw is the best baby road trip car!