Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Estimated rebates on 2015, this time next year?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 10:04 AM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Estimated rebates on 2015, this time next year?

What are your thoughts on rebates and pricing on the new 2015's at this time next year. Just curious if it will be anything like the 2014's right now. I would hate to wait that long, but we already have to wait until December anyway.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:09 AM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Word from my local dealer is that ford may be significantly cutting the rebates back if not all together to help keep the MSRP of the truck competitive to older models. The same dealer also said they purchased ford's remaining inventory of 2014's and crammed them on the lot for that very reason.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another question on the same vein - any opinions on the best time to strike a deal on the 2014s? I've debated waiting until the next model but overall I lean towards getting a better deal on a 2014. I don't know if I should necessarily wait until the 2015s are actually on dealer lots or not, though. From what I've seen on this site, getting a 2014 from $11-13k off MSRP seems to be the going rate right now in most parts of the country.
Old 06-26-2014, 03:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I spoke to my uncle who sells for Ford and he stated that next week is the last week to order a 2014. You will have to buy from existing inventory after that but he thinks employee pricing is coming soon. I really would like a 2015 but 10 k off MSRP is very tempting. I'm trying to hold off until 2015.
Old 06-26-2014, 04:06 PM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

So employee pricing then rebates on top of that pricing?
Old 06-26-2014, 04:35 PM

Received 326 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by streetmuziq
So employee pricing then rebates on top of that pricing?
Yes you get rebates on top of employee plans.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:10 AM

Received 222 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigturk
I spoke to my uncle who sells for Ford and he stated that next week is the last week to order a 2014. You will have to buy from existing inventory after that but he thinks employee pricing is coming soon. I really would like a 2015 but 10 k off MSRP is very tempting. I'm trying to hold off until 2015.
Lariat and up (plus FX appearance) trims are no longer in production. FX4 (including luxury package) and down are still in production and will be for a little while yet. We will probably only see real quantities of 2015s on dealer lots by this time next year, and I'm sure there will still be leftover 2014s, but not much choice.

Rebates on the 2015 won't be significant by this time next year. Aluminum is such an outstanding competitive advantage that Ford may not feel the need to offer much at all for rebates. How much more $$ can they get for this new truck over the competition? The buying public with talk with their wallets.

I can hear the conversations on the sales floor now....

Customer: "But that price is more than the Chev/Ram I just looked at with the same bells and whistles."
Salesperson: "Do they have an aluminum bodied truck........."
Customer: "..................When can I pick it up?"

Long story short. If you're waiting for the new F150 to get to current rebate levels before buying one, you'd better set your sights on a 2018 or maybe 2019. Just my prediction.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:01 AM

Received 871 Likes on 695 Posts

You really think that aluminum is going to get people to buy a Ford over others? If a person isn't brand loyal they could give a rats *** what the truck is made out of. And considering the insurance prices will be higher due to the added cost in repair I wouldn't bank on it being the selling point.

That's like a ford salesmen getting a customer in there that says chevy has the same truck for X thousands cheaper. And the salesman says well we have rear disc brakes. I can promise you that ain't gonna help, people are only worried about the dollar!(Yes I know Chevys now have 4 wheel disc brakes but a year or 2 ago they didn't)

I dropped a friends truck off at the body shop to get some repairs done last week. The owner of the 35yr old body shop and I started talking about the aluminum body F150s and he said that the tooling and equipment to repair them is so expensive he may turn away 15+ F150s cause he just can't justify the cost to purchase the tools.

Wayne

Last edited by Z7What; 07-08-2014 at 08:04 AM.
The following users liked this post:
GOBLUEJD (07-08-2014)
Old 07-08-2014, 08:36 PM

Received 1,000 Likes on 667 Posts

You really think that aluminum is going to get people to buy a Ford over others? If a person isn't brand loyal they could give a rats *** what the truck is made out of. And considering the insurance prices will be higher due to the added cost in repair I wouldn't bank on it being the selling point.
Many people are going to go to the Ford dealer to see what the window sticker says the EPA gas mileage rating is, and if the 2015 has 3-4 mpg better than the competition, for the same power, they will buy it just for that. Contrary to some people's beliefs, mileage is extremely important to most people. Even more than brand loyalty.

All the people that actually use their trucks for work will be very interested in better mileage, especially if gas prices stay high.

DETROIT (WWJ) - With fuel prices at near record levels, consumers are driving less and contemplating a move to smaller, more fuel-efficient vehicles, according to recent survey by Consumer Reports.
The survey found that 37 percent said their leading consideration when shopping for their next car will be fuel economy. A distant second was quality (17 percent) followed by safety (16 percent), value (14 percent) and performance (6 percent).
Jeff Bartlett, Consumer Reports deputy auto editor, said the results make it clear that high fuel prices are continuing to impact driver behavior and influencing future purchase considerations.
Some two-thirds of owners surveyed said they expected their next vehicle to get better fuel mileage than the one they’re driving now.
How Important Is Gas Mileage When Buying a Car?

Having good gas mileage is a big factor when it comes to buying a new or used car. In tough economic times, having the best fuel economy will save you the most money. Even a couple fewer fill-ups equals hundreds of dollars in saving. The average fuel cost for most people is around 1000 to 1500 dollars a year. However, others are paying 2000 dollars and up because of their gas guzzlers. With the recent global push to save the environment, and money, more buyers want fuel efficient and clean cars.

Many car commercials push to sell you on the fuel economy of their cars versus their competitors. It is often the biggest factor when buyers are looking for cars now. Not only can you help save the environment by emitting fewer toxic chemicals, you can also save a ton of money by having a fuel efficient car.
I hope Ford is able to redefine pickup truck mileage to modern times, because if they do, there will be stampedes at the dealerships.

Now it is up to Ford to come through.
The following users liked this post:
GOBLUEJD (07-08-2014)
Old 07-08-2014, 08:51 PM

Received 1,000 Likes on 667 Posts

I dropped a friends truck off at the body shop to get some repairs done last week. The owner of the 35yr old body shop and I started talking about the aluminum body F150s and he said that the tooling and equipment to repair them is so expensive he may turn away 15+ F150s cause he just can't justify the cost to purchase the tools.
I have asked this before, just out of curiosity. Who is doing the collision repair work on these cars? Anyone know?
The following is only a partial list of manufacturers who use aluminum body panels:
Acura
NSX (All), RL (Hood, decklid, fenders and trunk)
Aston Martin
Vanquish (Body panels), DB9 (hood)
BMW
Z8 & 7 series (body panels), 3, 5, 6 Series (hood, doors, body panels), X5, X6 Series (Hood, BODY PANELS)
Buick
LeSabre (Hood), Park Avenue (Hood), Rendezvous (Liftgate)
Cadillac
CTS (hood), Deville (hood), Escalade (liftgate), Seville (hood)
Chevrolet
Suburban (liftgate), Tahoe (liftgate), Venture (hood)
Chrysler
Concorde, LHS, Pacifica (hoods)
Ferrari
360 Modena (body panels)
Ford
Expedition (hood & liftgate), Explorer (hood and fenders), F-150 (hood), Lincoln Navigator (hood & liftgate), Lincoln LS (hood, fender & trunk lid), Ranger (hood), Lincoln Town Car (hood), GT (body panels), Mustang GT (hood)
GM
Yukon, Yukon XL (liftgates)
Honda
S2000 (hood), Insight (body panels)
Infiniti
Q (hood & trunk lid) I (hood & trunk lid)
Jaguar
XJ, S-type (Hood)
Lancer
XJ, S-type (hood), Evolution VIII (roof)
Lexus
SC430 (hood)
Lotus
Elise Sport 190 (body panels)
Mercedes
CL500, SL500 and other models
Mercury
Mountaineer
Nissan
Altima, Maxima (hoods & trunk lids)
Oldsmobile
Aurora (hood & trunk lid), Silhouette (hood)
Opel
Speedster (body panels)
Panoz
Roadster (body panels)
Peugeot
407 (Hood)
Porsche
Cayenne (hood), 911 (hood)
Plymouth
Prowler (hood, doors & trunk lid)
Pontiac
Bonneville, Montana (hoods)
Range Rover / Land Rover
Hoods, doors, side panels
Saab
9-2X (Hood)
Subaru
9-2X (Hood), GT (hood), Legacy (hood, bumpers, sunroof)
Volvo
(Hoods & trunk lids)
They left out the all aluminum Audis and Jaguars.

Quick Reply: Estimated rebates on 2015, this time next year?