Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Double Horn Warning

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 07:41 PM
Grand Master...of nothing

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Double Horn Warning

I keep my remote key thing in my pocket and don't take it out. When I exit my truck and leave it running it gives the quick double horn blast I guess as a warning or a reminder that the remote isn't in the truck anymore. My question is can that be turned off? It's very annoying! When my dog is with me I leave the truck running and lock the doors with the keypad. It's so annoying getting that every dang time!
Old 09-13-2015, 09:36 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Platinum_Dawg
I keep my remote key thing in my pocket and don't take it out. When I exit my truck and leave it running it gives the quick double horn blast I guess as a warning or a reminder that the remote isn't in the truck anymore. My question is can that be turned off? It's very annoying! When my dog is with me I leave the truck running and lock the doors with the keypad. It's so annoying getting that every dang time!
I don't think there is a way around it (at least not yet). From what I've read, this was done to comply with some of the safety/lawsuits floating around with key fobs and dangers of people forgetting that they left their car on, etc..... What I do is I just don't fully shut my door, just close it so it partially latches, but not fully closed. It is annoying, even when I leave it this way, if someone opens and closes the passenger door, it will double honk. You could leave the key fob in the truck, but not sure if the keypad will work then. I know some people will suggest to put the extra fob in the truck and just use that and leave it in there.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:50 PM
Grand Master...of nothing

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts

I read all through the manual and it never inferred as to a way to change it. I understand the purpose but it is annoying. I guess I'll just have to park out in the lot further away from people because every dang time folks look like im trying to get their attention or something!
Old 09-13-2015, 10:51 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I dislike this safety feature also, but have found that if I hold my remote against the outside of the rear window by the glossy trim it does not honk the horn. Not ideal, but it works. The keypad works fine with the remote in the cab, also.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:49 PM
Curmudgeon In Training

Received 132 Likes on 71 Posts

A little more info on the requirement for the dreaded double honk.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/conne...cid=spartandhp
The following users liked this post:
ciscokid1957 (09-16-2015)

Quick Reply: Double Horn Warning