Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Rattle

I apologize in advance is this has already been covered.

I have a 2015 Lariat Sport 4X4.

I have a significant rattle in my drivers door. However, it is completely random. For example, it might rattle one day on smooth pavement, on rough pavement the next, turning the next, and not at all the next. When it does rattle it is not slight but enough to be downright annoying,

If someone has had a door rattle and had the issue fixed please tell me about your situation so I can hopefully guide my dealership in the right direction.

Thank you in advance.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:11 PM

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by mblanke3

I have a significant rattle in my drivers door. However, it is completely random. For example, it might rattle one day on smooth pavement, on rough pavement the next, turning the next, and not at all the next. When it does rattle it is not slight but enough to be downright annoying,

If someone has had a door rattle and had the issue fixed please tell me about your situation so I can hopefully guide my dealership in the right direction.

Thank you in advance.
Best advise I can give is get where you can reproduce it for the dealer and let them have a look at it. They will likely have to remove the door panel and I suspect it will likely be something minor.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:46 PM

Received 130 Likes on 65 Posts

Thank you in advance.
Random & Intermittent problems can be a PITA to diagnose. You might want to have your phone ready to capture video/sound so that the dealer at least has an idea of what you're hearing.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:52 PM

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

I apologize in advance is this has already been covered. I have a 2015 Lariat Sport 4X4. I have a significant rattle in my drivers door. However, it is completely random. For example, it might rattle one day on smooth pavement, on rough pavement the next, turning the next, and not at all the next. When it does rattle it is not slight but enough to be downright annoying, If someone has had a door rattle and had the issue fixed please tell me about your situation so I can hopefully guide my dealership in the right direction. Thank you in advance.
I am currently in the process of trying to resolve this problem. My door has been adjusted and it has gotten better but not fixed. The dealer currently has a new weatherstripping and door gasket on order. I'll let you know how this turns out
Old 03-04-2015, 02:03 PM

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Same issue on my truck. I haven't taken it in yet because I'm waiting to see if any other issues popup. From looking at it, seems that the top portion sticks out a bit too much, so I think it just isn't adjusted right.

Seems worse when it is cold out and I'm going over a bumpy road.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the help so far.

To those dealing with the same issue please keep me posted.

If I learn anything I will also make sure to post.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:32 PM

Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts

Not trying to sound sarcastic, but I assume you have made sure there is nothing in the door pockets that might be moving around? I am sure the dealer will take the panel off and just look at everything.

I had a rattle in the seatback of front passenger seat when not occupied. They ordered a new seat frame and replaced the entire frame. I asked if they actually found anything wrong and he said, "I don't know, didn't even check just replaced the frame and put it back together. That was the easy thing to do." It worked!
Old 03-04-2015, 02:45 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Thank you in advance.
I'll get a case escalated to your regional customer service manager, mblanke3. Please send me a private message with your full name, VIN, current mileage, servicing dealership, and best daytime contact number.

Originally Posted by Hackker
Same issue on my truck. I haven't taken it in yet because I'm waiting to see if any other issues popup. From looking at it, seems that the top portion sticks out a bit too much, so I think it just isn't adjusted right.

Seems worse when it is cold out and I'm going over a bumpy road.
Is this regarding a 2015, Hackker? Please let me know; I'll research all available options.

Brittany
Old 03-04-2015, 02:49 PM

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by FordService
Is this regarding a 2015, Hackker? Please let me know; I'll research all available options.

Brittany
Yes, it is a 2015. Its nothing major, but any new vehicle nowadays shouldn't leave the factory with misaligned doors. Then again, this shouldn't happen either...

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/anyon...op-off-291915/
Old 03-04-2015, 02:50 PM

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts

Having the same issue as well. Planning on mentioning it during the first oil change.

Quick Reply: Door Rattle