Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cranks with no start

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cranks with no start

I have a 2015 F-150 XLT/FX4 with the 5.0 in it, 33 inch tires on 20's, and electric cut out exhaust mod. Earlier today around noon I was in my house about to go to work so I used the remote start to start my truck from inside to let it warm up as usual, my daily routine. It started just as usual but, when I went outside and opened the passenger door to put my work stuff in the truck, the truck died. So I hopped in the driver seat and tried to crack it and it makes the starting sound per usual but doesn't turn over. I didn't have time to quite put my ear to things but, I was curious if anyone has ran into the same problem. Few things, I've been filling up on E85 and of course it's a flex fuel. My truck just happened to be extremely low on gas at the current time and also my oil life is at like 8%.
Old 01-13-2016, 02:15 PM

Received 1,266 Likes on 843 Posts

Originally Posted by jcraven11
I have a 2015 F-150 XLT/FX4 with the 5.0 in it, 33 inch tires on 20's, and electric cut out exhaust mod. Earlier today around noon I was in my house about to go to work so I used the remote start to start my truck from inside to let it warm up as usual, my daily routine. It started just as usual but, when I went outside and opened the passenger door to put my work stuff in the truck, the truck died. So I hopped in the driver seat and tried to crack it and it makes the starting sound per usual but doesn't turn over. I didn't have time to quite put my ear to things but, I was curious if anyone has ran into the same problem. Few things, I've been filling up on E85 and of course it's a flex fuel. My truck just happened to be extremely low on gas at the current time and also my oil life is at like 8%.
You are parked on a slope and have run the fuel pump dry. Put some gas in it or get it on level ground. Turn key on and off a few times to prime the system before trying to crank her over.

This is assuming that your idea of starting sound is the starter motor cranking the motor which is not firing up.

Last edited by Livoniabob; 01-13-2016 at 02:17 PM.
Old 01-13-2016, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Livoniabob
You are parked on a slope and have run the fuel pump dry. Put some gas in it or get it on level ground. Turn key on and off a few times to prime the system before trying to crank her over.

This is assuming that your idea of starting sound is the starter motor cranking the motor which is not firing up.
Yeah sorry, that's what meant. So probably when I get off of work tonight, pick up some normal gas and just fill it up? Prime the system and then attempt to crank it? If it also helps, I live in the Houston area and the weather hasn't been nearly as humid as usual but yes I haven't parked it up on the slope with this low of gas so that could be the issue after all.
Old 01-13-2016, 02:43 PM

Received 1,266 Likes on 843 Posts

Originally Posted by jcraven11
Yeah sorry, that's what meant. So probably when I get off of work tonight, pick up some normal gas and just fill it up? Prime the system and then attempt to crank it? If it also helps, I live in the Houston area and the weather hasn't been nearly as humid as usual but yes I haven't parked it up on the slope with this low of gas so that could be the issue after all.
Yes that's what I would try first as it's the most likely reason it will not run now and why it stopped. Takes three things for these engines to run, air, spark and fuel and you seem to know which one you most likely don't have right now.
The following users liked this post:
jcraven11 (01-13-2016)
Old 01-13-2016, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Livoniabob
Yes that's what I would try first as it's the most likely reason it will not run now and why it stopped. Takes three things for these engines to run, air, spark and fuel and you seem to know which one you most likely don't have right now.
I'll go home on my break and get some gas into it and see if that fixes the problem. I'll keep this thread updated and possibly delete it if need be.
Old 01-14-2016, 09:24 PM

Turns out my truck needs gas to turn on...

Quick Reply: Cranks with no start