Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Comparing XLT sport to Lariat base

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 06:46 PM

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts

Default Comparing XLT sport to Lariat base

I'm looking in two directions toward my F-150 order. Most comparisons are covered in my 2015 booklet but some smaller items are not clear to me, as no specifics other than not mentioned at all under the XLT. My build will be a Supercrew, 4x4, 5'6" bed,5.0 in either XLT w/Sport Appearance Pkg. or Lariat 500a Base. I'll list the items I where I don't know enough:
Lariat has-7 speakers vs. XLT- has what?
Climate Control dual zone electronic(DEATC) vs. what?
Intelligent Access w/ push button start vs. what?
LED box lighting vs. none? is wiring in place for self installed part?
10 way seat w/memory vs. what in sport seat? Lumbar?
rear armrest w/cup holders vs. what?
Ambient lighting vs. what?
These are all in Comfort & Convenience except the ambient lighting.
Thanks for any info you can provide.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:55 PM

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Kantuckid
I'm looking in two directions toward my F-150 order. Most comparisons are covered in my 2015 booklet but some smaller items are not clear to me, as no specifics other than not mentioned at all under the XLT. My build will be a Supercrew, 4x4, 5'6" bed,5.0 in either XLT w/Sport Appearance Pkg. or Lariat 500a Base. I'll list the items I where I don't know enough:
Not sure on 7 speakers but don't remember anything different when I built both.

Think XLT still has climate control.

XLT doesn't have intelligent access, has the flip key and remote.

Have not seen a truck yet without box lighting.

Not sure on seat.

No ambient lighting in XLT.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:00 PM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Also, the Lariat has auto 4wd option...lifesaver in many many on road conditions, far more useful than 4 hi alone. There are lot of folks up north that used to buy chevy trucks and that was a big draw...(dodge started offering it some models a few years back). I would be looking at an xlt if it had this as an option (Chevy offers it standard on their LT trucks).
Old 12-16-2014, 07:17 PM
LCW

Received 173 Likes on 99 Posts

XLT does NOT have auto dual zone climate control. Just manual single zone.

All the pics I've seen, no armrest cupholders in rear seat.

No push button start on XLT.

And sadly no auto 4wd (4A)
Old 12-16-2014, 10:12 PM

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

XLT Sport = cloth 8 way power seat driver with power lumbar; manual passenger seat

XLT Sport + 302A = cloth 10 way power driver/passenger seats with power lumbar

No memory.

302A adds LED box lighting.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:49 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

There are NO cup holders in rear seat arm rest in xlt 302a, test drove one (production model) and nada

Yea if xlt had A4wd then too many like myself would just get it in seat of a lariat.
Old 12-17-2014, 08:07 AM

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts

Thanks! Nothing like help when your mired down with details! Fact is that I read about the auto/non auto 4x4 difference in the two models right in F-150 Forum a week or so ago and had forgotten. What happened is that I love the look of the Sport Pkg & looked toward the XLT, then started looking at the "little things" and forgot the biggie. Lariat it is!-even if I must cut loose some cash to do it. I was piling "stuff" on the XLT and had it within $2k of the Lariat anyway.
The whole idea was that Lariat forces (How about Ford forces you?) you into a mid 501a equipment group to add Sport Pkg, thus a big raise in truck goodies, not all that I value, to have a wheel/grille/bumper/sport seat w/upgrade style & cloth, all things I liked. Tics me off that buyers are not given more flexibility to build a truck! I still like to rant stuff like Hill Descent isn't tied to 4x4 & skid plates are not a simple option item. A few things I'll beat them at that game by buying parts and stick them on.
Again, thanks.

Last edited by Kantuckid; 12-17-2014 at 08:09 AM.
Old 12-17-2014, 08:14 AM

Received 83 Likes on 53 Posts

Thanks! Nothing like help when your mired down with details! Fact is that I read about the auto/non auto 4x4 difference in the two models right in F-150 Forum a week or so ago and had forgotten. What happened is that I love the look of the Sport Pkg & looked toward the XLT, then started looking at the "little things" and forgot the biggie. Lariat it is!-even if I must cut loose some cash to do it. I was piling "stuff" on the XLT and had it within $2k of the Lariat anyway.
The whole idea was that Lariat forces (How about Ford forces you?) you into a mid 501a equipment group to add Sport Pkg, thus a big raise in truck goodies, not all that I value, to have a wheel/grille/bumper/sport seat w/upgrade style & cloth, all things I liked. Tics me off that buyers are not given more flexibility to build a truck! I still like to rant stuff like Hill Descent isn't tied to 4x4 & skid plates are not a simple option item. A few things I'll beat them at that game by buying parts and stick them on.
Again, thanks.
Edit delete

Last edited by BlacknTan2; 12-17-2014 at 08:16 AM.
Old 12-17-2014, 08:16 AM

Received 83 Likes on 53 Posts

Again, thanks.
Love the look of the Lariat Sport package.
Old 12-17-2014, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

Received 4,145 Likes on 2,842 Posts

Originally Posted by BlacknTan2
Love the look of the Lariat Sport package.
so do i

Quick Reply: Comparing XLT sport to Lariat base