Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can no longer pause your trip meter?!

Old 07-28-2015, 09:02 PM

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Can no longer pause your trip meter?!

Say it isn't so! On the previous gen you could pause your trip meter by pressing ok, did they seriously get rid of that feature??
Old 07-29-2015, 10:49 PM

Received 208 Likes on 168 Posts

I have never heard of that feature. What would you use it for? I keep a careful log book in my vehicle to track miles driven for business purposes, which I monthly move the totals to a spreadsheet. I can't think of a reason I would need or want to use the "pause"
Old 07-29-2015, 11:40 PM

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Velosprout
I have never heard of that feature. What would you use it for? I keep a careful log book in my vehicle to track miles driven for business purposes, which I monthly move the totals to a spreadsheet. I can't think of a reason I would need or want to use the "pause"
On the previous f150s you could do this.
As far as its purpose I'll give you a prime example of how I was GOING to use it yesterday, until I realized the new ones don't do it:
I decided I wanted to figure out which way home from work would be less miles better gas mileage etc. however I also had to stop at the grocery store on my way which I would not want included into the trip meter, in that scenario I would have paused it until I got back to the road where I would have been if I hadn't stopped.
Other scenarios would be stopping to get gas, running into a train, hit some unusual traffic due to an accident etc. because keep in mind it isn't just calculating your miles, it's also factoring gas used and how long the trip took you to make
Not the end of the world but it was a nice feature to have and I find it weird they would go backwards on technology, I mean, what reason would they have to just not include it anymore?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can no longer pause your trip meter?!