Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

California dealerships thought/suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 02:10 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Default California dealerships thought/suggestions

Been waiting for the build and price to popup on the website before I order and since that is hopefully right around the corner I've visited a couple dealerships in the bay area and along the 80 corridor even into Reno to feel them out. My thoughts about them are below. Also looking for recommendations to dealerships that have treated you well and/or gave you that kick***** deal.

Anyway, stopped at The Ford Store Morgan Hill. Right up front they said they offer "Fleet Pricing" (not sure how that compares to X-Plan or normal negotiations???). The guys there were pretty laid back, no pressure and there to help. I'd go back and will offer them a chance to sale me the 16 when the time comes. They had a great selection. Only thing is I spoke to one gentleman who I was going to stick with but when I emailed him a question he never responded. Deal breaker there dude. If you give me a personal business card that has your own personal business email on it and don't respond to email, well that's just bad business. I'll still go back to that store just won't deal with him.

Ron DuPratt Ford in Dixon on the side of 80 just west of Sacramento. Again they said they offer "Fleet pricing". Anyway, guy was super cool, no pressure, and knowledgeable. Selections wasn't the greatest.

Capitol Ford in San Jose, no selection, guys were dumber than *****, didn't feel like they wanted to sell a vehicle. I turned around within 5 min and left.

Jones West in Reno. Ok selection, somewhat cool staff. Not very knowledgeable and sorta seemed to tune out after they found out I wasn't interested in buying now. I'll still give them a chance at the sale but hopes aren't high for these guys.

Not many but it's a start. Anyone have good experiences in the central California area? I'm not opposed to driving a little either. Hell I even got a couple tips in the central Texas area from user Got F-150? on here, I've even got a connection for next to nothing air fare

Last edited by J.Spicoli; 09-28-2015 at 02:15 PM.
Old 09-28-2015, 02:20 PM

Received 112 Likes on 81 Posts

Don't waste your time with JW in Reno. Before i bought my 2014, I showed them the quote I had elsewhere and they promised they could match it. 90 minutes later they came back with a deal that was $5k more!!! So i went to PNW for it instead.
Old 09-28-2015, 02:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to a couple of Bay Area Ford dealerships and wasn't impressed by any saleman's knowledge on the '15. I knew more about features etc than they did. So I test drove a few, found the one I wanted online and then priced it out using all the different pricing plan methods. Turned out All Star Ford in Pittsburg had a TrueCar qoute that beat all other methods, including the dealership that actually had my truck on their lot. All Star traded for it and got me the best deal.
Old 09-28-2015, 02:38 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Folsom Lake Ford in Folsom is awesome. I have purchased 5 vehicles so far and always have no issues or pressure. My 2nd pick would be Harold Ford in Sacramento. Never purchased from them, but went on a few test drives and again no pressure. I would stay away from Future Ford in Roseville. High pressure and BS tactics. Test drove a F150 and Explorer at Future, then purchased both from Folsom Lake Ford. I don't even like going to Future for service cause they always try to sell me service and additives I don't need, but I do go there since its closer to my house.
The following users liked this post:
canddmeyer (09-28-2015)
Old 09-28-2015, 07:18 PM

Received 145 Likes on 90 Posts

Yeah stay away from Future Ford. Scammed my wife out of thousands.

We've had good experiences with Folsom Ford.
The following users liked this post:
canddmeyer (09-28-2015)
Old 09-28-2015, 08:26 PM

Received 115 Likes on 75 Posts

Have u tried Fremont Ford. I ordered my 15 F150 through the fleet mgr. He's the only guy that will order a vehicle there.

If your looking for one on the lot your at the mercy of the sales folks.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:13 PM
ORC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try Tracy Ford. Look for Chris - the Internet Sales manager. He gave me the best pricing out of the 8 plus ford dealers from the Bay area to Sacramento.

I had a really bad experience with Folsom Lake Ford. I would not recommend them.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:25 AM

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd recommend going to Folsom lake ford. Go to Tom Clark, he's in Internet sales. Best sales guys. He went way beyond the call of duty to get me a good deal. I messed up and actually got my truck at future ford in Roseville and I wouldn't recommend them.

But seriously Id recommend Tom, I knew more about the new truck more than him. He admitted as much, but he broke down the sales process and really was no pressure. Gave me his cell, and was answering questions and getting finance info on his day off.

Also know a guy, mike waymack that works there. He's kind of a slick greasy looking salesman. But he's actually a good guy and we used to go to the same church years back before he worked there and had his own used car dealership. Ran into him while shopping.

Stay away from Elk Grove ford. They didn't want to work with me at all and just told me straight up they weren't going to bother trying to work on my trade in.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:09 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

+1 on stay away from Elk Grove Ford
Old 09-29-2015, 01:43 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Alright, I'll be sure to check Fremont Ford, Tracy Ford, and Folsom Lake Ford while staying away from Elk Grove Ford and Future Ford.

Anyone in the Reno/Tahoe area go to Dick Campagni's Capital Ford in Carson City, NV?

Quick Reply: California dealerships thought/suggestions