Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Box Link - Specifications Available?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 12:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Box Link - Specifications Available?

Folks,

I am enjoying my truck a great deal, but I've been wondering about the box link (tie down) system. This is supposed to be an "open" system, which if true is a great idea, I'd think, but I'm having problems actually finding any of the specs for it. Ford itself said it was open (see the end of the page in their blurb on the system - https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...ailgate-r.html).

What I'm wondering is what sort of max loads it's designed for, what metals should be used if I was going to make my own device, etc.

I'm also wondering about putting bolts into the other holes I see in the bed - should they be stainless, zinc plated, doesn't matter? The four holes at the top of the bed that I'm used to seeing wooden stakes in - if I held the stakes in with a screw, should that be stainless?

If anyone has advice here, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks much,
Mike
Old 11-08-2015, 03:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One more peice of the puzzle, but it's not from Ford -

One rather fuzzy specification set is given in this website - what is a horizontal load and a diagonal load? I can imagine come-along with a scale between two of the boxlinks directly across the box, and diagonally but is this the load they are talking about?

At any rate, here is the link:

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/20...deo-87815.html

I really would be interested in anything more in depth, more clear. Something I could use and feel confident about...

Mike

Mike

Quick Reply: Box Link - Specifications Available?