Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best tuner for 3.5L eco boost?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 03:25 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Best tuner for 3.5L eco boost?

Hey guys,

I know there are threads on tunes for the 15' 3.5l EB but I'm thinking of getting one and have a few questions!

1) in you opinion what are the best quality tunes (reliability)

2) if you choose to keep the unit in the truck at all times can they be hard wired? I don't like the look of the cable running down to the port

3) in your opinion, what is the best brand?

That's all I can think of currently. Thanks for the input!
Old 08-16-2015, 04:30 PM
MGF

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Tuners

There are a ton of threads on tuning. I went through the same discovery process. Note that the 2015 is programmed through the OBD port and does not get connected full time. My decision came down to buying a tune from someone and a separate piece of tuner hardware or buying the tunes and tuner all from the same company. I also wanted customer tunes not canned tunes. For me, the decision was to go with Livernois. The tune is built from the strategy code you have in your specific truck, then based on other mods they customize it. Lifetime updates or changes are free. If Ford updates there strategy codes, they revise their tune from that new baseline. If you want to monitor parameters, data log your engine performance and get more into that level of detail, then you would pick a different vendor for that approach.
The following users liked this post:
Livernois Motorsports (08-17-2015)
Old 08-16-2015, 07:05 PM

Cool thanks for the advice!

Anybody else?
Old 08-17-2015, 12:46 PM
F150 Forum

Received 546 Likes on 334 Posts

We offer an excellent custom tuning solution for your vehicle as was mentioned by another member. We build custom tunes specific to your vehicles factory calibration codes. We can then further tailor them to suit your needs, update for future modifications, changes in octane , etc. All of the tune updates would be included free of charge with your purchase as part of the lifetime tune support we offer. We were first to tune the 2015 F150 3.5 EcoBoost and actually purchase the vehicles that we use for tune development and validation. So all of our tunes are developed in house on our chassis dynos and then driven daily for a substantial amount of time before ever being released to the public. This is just part of what sets us apart from the rest when considering who to go with when looking to tune your vehicle.

We have had more industry leading firsts when it comes to the EcoBoost family than anyone, and tuned more Ecoboost vehicles to my knowledge than anyone on the planet. Feel free to give us a call if you would like to discuss this further or to place an order as well. My name is Anthony @ 313-561-5500 ext 103.
The following 3 users liked this post by Livernois Motorsports:
2013redf150 (10-07-2019), cheef (02-04-2018), Fatmattyd (08-16-2019)
Old 08-17-2015, 01:14 PM

Cool, thanks for the info Anthony! I have been looking at your tune as well. Was looking at the Diablo T1000, then stumbled across their forum and..... I'm not here to bash anybody, but some people are having some issues. I will be sure to give you a call once I'm ready to purchase! I have some questions for sure!
Livernois Motorsports (08-20-2015)
Old 08-17-2015, 04:22 PM
cod

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Livernois Motorsports
We offer an excellent custom tuning solution for your vehicle as was mentioned by another member. We build custom tunes specific to your vehicles factory calibration codes. We can then further tailor them to suit your needs, update for future modifications, changes in octane , etc. All of the tune updates would be included free of charge with your purchase as part of the lifetime tune support we offer. We were first to tune the 2015 F150 3.5 EcoBoost and actually purchase the vehicles that we use for tune development and validation. So all of our tunes are developed in house on our chassis dynos and then driven daily for a substantial amount of time before ever being released to the public. This is just part of what sets us apart from the rest when considering who to go with when looking to tune your vehicle.

We have had more industry leading firsts when it comes to the EcoBoost family than anyone, and tuned more Ecoboost vehicles to my knowledge than anyone on the planet. Feel free to give us a call if you would like to discuss this further or to place an order as well. My name is Anthony @ 313-561-5500 ext 103.

I had their tuner on a 2011 ecoboost and was very pleased with the performance and never had any problems. Just purchased a 2015 f150 ecoboost and sent them an email asking them to help me out swaping tunes to new truck. They were more than happy to change my tunes at no charge. All I had to do was download a program. Thanks Anthony

As for the tune: MO BETTER!!!
Old 08-17-2015, 04:34 PM

Sweet, what tunes do you have? And can you give me some info on them? Mpg tune, any noticeable difference? Throttle response, as you know the 3.5l seems a little dead the first few thousand rpm unless it's in sport mode.. 93 tune, how good is it?!!!

Trending Topics

Old 08-17-2015, 04:42 PM
cod

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by brasco
Sweet, what tunes do you have? And can you give me some info on them? Mpg tune, any noticeable difference? Throttle response, as you know the 3.5l seems a little dead the first few thousand rpm unless it's in sport mode.. 93 tune, how good is it?!!!

87 perf/87 tow
93 perf/93 tow

Unfortunately I have only tried the 87 perf as I have not filled up again with 93.(Stupid wonderful 32 gal tank) I will say tho so far I am very impressed, very smooth shifts and hauls tale pretty good. My 2011 had exhaust, cai, and tuner of coarse and would run 8.80's in the 1/8. Not bad with 33" tires. Pretty sure the 2015 is very close to that even with the 87 tune. Gonna try the other this afternoon so Ill keep ya posted.
Old 08-17-2015, 04:48 PM

Sweet! Keep me posted!
Old 08-20-2015, 12:13 PM
F150 Forum

Received 546 Likes on 334 Posts

You are very welcome. Glad to help out and thank you for the kind words!

We do offer tunes for 87,89,91, and 93 octane in both performance and tow capable performance modes. All of the tunes will typically help improve fuel economy if you can keep your foot off the floor of course. Average customer feedback is 1-2 MPG improvement depending on the driver, vehicle, mods, octane, etc.

Feel free to give me a shout when ready to go or if you would like some additional information as well.

Quick Reply: Best tuner for 3.5L eco boost?