Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bds lift suspension upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 02:00 AM

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Bds lift suspension upgrade

I have a 2015 f150 with the bds 6" lift on it. I also had the fox 2.5 coilovers installed on the front and of course the 2.0's on the rear. It is an awesome kit and I can certainly feel the difference in the current ride as to the stock. However after about 1200 miles on the kit I do feel that there is still room to improve on it. I am currently considering upgrading the coilovers with the DSC controls and then changing out the standard rear 2.0 shocks with a set of fox 2.5 piggybacks with the DSC controls as well. Any thoughts as to if it will make much difference in the ride quality compared to my current ride? And how do the 2.0' compare to the 2.5 piggy backs since the 2.0 is pretty basic?
Old 08-02-2015, 01:37 AM

After looking through threads quite a bit I've seen a lot of people talking about removing the sway bar in the front to greatly improve ride quality with the fox coilovers. Anybody have any thoughts on rather or not that is really a good idea?
Old 08-03-2015, 06:10 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

From my experience your set up is very nice. But I wouldnt have done it on such a big lift. Reason being is if you want a bad *** curb hopper/ dessert runner you should have gone with a long arm kit. If you want big tires also then put fenders on it. Your really limiting what your set up can do with the short arms. And being that tall I wouldnt run with out a sway bar. I tried it on my last truck with a 8" and 38s. Its sketchy.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:08 PM

Thanks for the info. The kit is a good setup and over the last view days I've been paying more attention to it and you can tell its needed ride improvements mostly are in the coilovers. When I purchased the kit I had thought that it had the DSC adjustments on the coilovers but I guess not. If I had known I would of paid extra to get it so I could lower the compression level a little more. It's possible the coilovers may have to much preload in them as well. My previous truck was set up about the way your talking about. I just didn't have any upgraded suspension. I leveled it and put 35's on it. I was gonna put an icon kit on it but then I saw the value of it and threw a for sale sign on it and ordered a 2015. Lol.

Quick Reply: Bds lift suspension upgrade