Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else having an issue with the easy-gas cap?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 11:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone else having an issue with the easy-gas cap?

I'm not having an issue with the doors locking like some have experienced, but when I fill up I have to manually hold the lever (on the pump) down the entire time to fill up the tanks. If I wanted to put the little clip on the handle down so that I can let it fill up while I walk away and get something, it will shimmy a bit instantly stop. Just did my second fill up since having the truck and it's now the second time I've had this issue. Anyone else having issues?
Old 10-10-2015, 11:46 AM

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

I've only gassed up a few times, (575 mile range is awesome) but mine seems to work fine. Maybe there is a vent problem with yours.
Old 10-10-2015, 11:48 AM

Received 107 Likes on 85 Posts

The problem you're experiencing is with the gas handle itself, not your truck. Alot of gas stations are too cheap to check and maintain their nozzles.

Same thing happens at local gas station on my '13 F150 depending on which pump you're at.

Some stations don't have the lock serrations anymore because they don't want the drivers getting back inside the vehicle.

Last edited by av8torken; 10-10-2015 at 11:52 AM.
Old 10-10-2015, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by av8torken
The problem you're experiencing is with the gas handle itself, not your truck. Alot of gas stations are too cheap to check and maintain their nozzles.

Same thing happens at local gas station on my '13 F150 depending on which pump you're at.

Some stations don't have the lock serrations anymore because they don't want the drivers getting back inside the vehicle.
Though I haven't been to the same station twice, I'm realizing they were both Chevron stations so maybe I need to take it to another company and see if that's the issue.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine did the same thing. You have to put the nozzle as far in as possible. Once I started doing that, no more issues. And I usually buy my gas at Chevron.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:14 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I've had the same issue as well. It all depends on the angle the nozzle is at. I've noticed if the nozzle isn't at the perfect angle that it'll kick off.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by parkduc1
Mine did the same thing. You have to put the nozzle as far in as possible. Once I started doing that, no more issues. And I usually buy my gas at Chevron.
I do that too but every time I try that it tends to pop right back out, it doesn't hold it there. I've tried being nice about it and I've also tried putting more force into it, neither works.

Trending Topics

Old 10-10-2015, 01:58 PM

Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Don't walk away or get back in the vehicle! Getting back in vehicle can cause static electricity and when you grab the nozzle again it can ignite! If you walk away and something goes wrong and it overfills you are responsible for clean up cost.
Old 10-10-2015, 02:01 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by thalilbear02
I do that too but every time I try that it tends to pop right back out, it doesn't hold it there. I've tried being nice about it and I've also tried putting more force into it, neither works.
I've noticed that depending on where the hose is in relation to the pump it will sometimes hold it there. I've had to put the hose up against the front of the pump before just to hold the nozzle all the way in.

Quick Reply: Anyone else having an issue with the easy-gas cap?