Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody using the Truxedo Titanium

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 12:43 AM

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

Default Anybody using the Truxedo Titanium

I am wanting a roll up cover that is easy to take off when needed. I also don't want one that is going to stretch and flap in the wind. I am thinking the Truxedo Titanium is just what I need but wanted to see if anyone had any reviews on them.
Old 09-06-2015, 07:46 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by thekevin
I am wanting a roll up cover that is easy to take off when needed. I also don't want one that is going to stretch and flap in the wind. I am thinking the Truxedo Titanium is just what I need but wanted to see if anyone had any reviews on them.
The dealers around me have given good reviews on their installs. I'm putting one on my new truck if the truck ever gets here.
Old 09-06-2015, 11:28 AM

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm in a similar position, I had a Lo Pro QT on my 2012 and loved it except that it flaps in the wind. The Lo Pro QT has a lifetime warranty, but the Titanium only has a 3 year warranty. I don't know why, but that bugs me.

The other option is the Bak Revolver X2, however from the posts on this form it can be fiddly to get it installed correctly, needing shims and some still have fitment issues against the tailgate. It also doesn't sound like it's as water tight as the TruXedo ( I had zero issues with my water and my LoPro).

Would like someone who has the Titanium to chime in...
Old 09-06-2015, 11:50 AM

Default Anybody using the Truxedo Titanium

For me the 3 year warranty is fine because that's 100k miles and a new truck anyway. I really like how easy it is to take out when needed.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:41 PM

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

*Bump* getting ready to get a cover before the snow starts to fly. Anyone out there have a Truxedo Titanium & and opinion to share?
Old 10-07-2015, 12:15 AM

I bought one. First impression I was a little underwhelmed for the price. I had to recrimp both ends of the pull cord to open it and I didn't think it fit quite as good as it should have. Now that I have had it on there for a few weeks I love it. My only complaint might be that it sits a little further above the bed than I like but it's not that bad. I guess after a few miles down the road everything settled into place and it's as smooth as butter now.
The following users liked this post:
FormerTexan (10-07-2015)
Old 12-06-2015, 12:18 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I just installed the Titanium on mine a few weeks ago. Easy to install, though I had to make some foam seal adjustments to the front of the bed because of the drop-in bed liner that came with the truck. The thing I like the most is being able to pop the two levers in the front and remove the cover, minus the rails, in seconds with no tools. I may need that extra room in a pinch with the short bed. I might rig something to keep someone from sticking a wire in to pop it open if I had something valuable. The sides don't lock down like the BAK, but it works as advertised. A little extra security over a soft tonneau.
Old 08-20-2017, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jb150
I just installed the Titanium on mine a few weeks ago. Easy to install, though I had to make some foam seal adjustments to the front of the bed because of the drop-in bed liner that came with the truck. The thing I like the most is being able to pop the two levers in the front and remove the cover, minus the rails, in seconds with no tools. I may need that extra room in a pinch with the short bed. I might rig something to keep someone from sticking a wire in to pop it open if I had something valuable. The sides don't lock down like the BAK, but it works as advertised. A little extra security over a soft tonneau.
any updates on how the truxedo titanium has performed for past couple years? Looking to get one in next week or so for 2017. Also seen a decent price at a local shop on a left over bakflip rollbak g2. Almost 40% off. About $100 less then a new titanium, but I kind of like the canvas look.
Old 08-20-2017, 06:47 PM

Received 61 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleydavidson19
any updates on how the truxedo titanium has performed for past couple years? Looking to get one in next week or so for 2017. Also seen a decent price at a local shop on a left over bakflip rollbak g2. Almost 40% off. About $100 less then a new titanium, but I kind of like the canvas look.
Almost 2 years went by since the last post in this thread.....This cover is not very popular. Go with Revlover x2 if a hard roll up is what you want. Close to same price, bought by tons of people on the forum.
Old 08-20-2017, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleydavidson19
Originally Posted by Anonymous1
Almost 2 years went by since the last post in this thread.....This cover is not very popular. Go with Revlover x2 if a hard roll up is what you want. Close to same price, bought by tons of people on the forum.
thx

Quick Reply: Anybody using the Truxedo Titanium