Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Already in the shop 500kms :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 10:50 AM

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Already in the shop 500kms :( UPDATE

Took delivery of my 2015 F150 302a sport FX4 last Wednesday and love it!

This morning however I start it up put it in drive and get this chug forward type feeling with a bang and the service advance trac system comes up on the screen followed by hill decent control not available and then it stalls. Start back up put it in reverse no problems at all, put back in drive same thing happens..... Wtf!

Had to call roadside and get it towed to dealer haven't heard anything yet. So to say the least I'm a little pissed off and disappointed. Hoping it's something minor. Anyone have any ideas hat it could be?

Update:

Dealer has come to the conclusion the PCM is bad and needs to be replaced.. So I'm about 5 days without my truck that I've had less than a week.. I'm just hoping that is the fix and it doesn't happen again. When I asked how often they've seen that on a brand new vehicle they said never. They said just a bad part. Still pissed but what can I do at least it's not a major mechanical failure like the transmission.

Last edited by NoRice; 05-19-2015 at 07:41 PM.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:14 PM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts

Rice, somebody else had a transmission issue, new transmission installed. Not saying that's your problem, but sounds a bit similar. Anyway, here's hoping ye get'er back soon fixed up right!
Old 05-19-2015, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by iFord
Rice, somebody else had a transmission issue, new transmission installed. Not saying that's your problem, but sounds a bit similar. Anyway, here's hoping ye get'er back soon fixed up right!
You don't know the thread title do you?
Old 05-19-2015, 01:02 PM

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by NoRice

This morning however I start it up put it in drive and get this chug forward type feeling with a bang and the service advance trac system comes up on the screen followed by hill decent control not available and then it stalls. Start back up put it in reverse no problems at all, put back in drive same thing happens..... Wtf!

Had to call roadside and get it towed to dealer haven't heard anything yet. So to say the least I'm a little pissed off and disappointed. Hoping it's something minor.

Anyone have any ideas hat it could be?

I think you'll find it's probably a speed sensor.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:08 PM

Received 170 Likes on 122 Posts

Had to call roadside and get it towed to dealer haven't heard anything yet. So to say the least I'm a little pissed off and disappointed. Hoping it's something minor.

Anyone have any ideas hat it could be?
Did you get any other errors or warnings?
Old 05-19-2015, 01:09 PM

Received 110 Likes on 49 Posts

Sounds like a TCU issue but I'm far from being an knowledgeable on the transmissions they're putting in the 15's.

I have one suggestion, though. If you put the truck into 3rd gear, does it drive forward okay? Or does the same crap happen?

The reason I ask is that you say you're doing fine in reverse. Reverse is actually 3rd gear. There's a whole different set of things going on in 1st and 2nd gear, as opposed to what happens from 3rd onward.

Not much you can do about it either way, but I'm just curious.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by 4js8wh
Did you get any other errors or warnings?
Service advance trac and no hill start assist. Something hill decent control may have come up to... My mind was going crazy so I could have missed something
Old 05-19-2015, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Krieg
Sounds like a TCU issue but I'm far from being an knowledgeable on the transmissions they're putting in the 15's.

I have one suggestion, though. If you put the truck into 3rd gear, does it drive forward okay? Or does the same crap happen?

The reason I ask is that you say you're doing fine in reverse. Reverse is actually 3rd gear. There's a whole different set of things going on in 1st and 2nd gear, as opposed to what happens from 3rd onward.

Not much you can do about it either way, but I'm just curious.
Didn't get to chance to try that. Got on the phone to sales guy and roadside right away.. It's at the dealer in waiting to hear now.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:42 PM

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Service advance trac and no hill start assist. Something hill decent control may have come up to... My mind was going crazy so I could have missed something
This has come up on a few of the trucks, it seems like it was a speed sensor but was most definitely a sensor of some sort. I do believe it was a speed sensor.
Old 05-19-2015, 07:45 PM

See first post for update on my problem

Quick Reply: Already in the shop 500kms :(