Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Badges/Emblems

Old 04-29-2015, 11:31 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Aftermarket Badges/Emblems

I've removed the F150 badge off the tailgate and realize that the fender badges can't be removed without leaving holes exposed. I am wanting to replace both Ford emblems as well as the F150 fender badges with black ones. Has anyone found anything yet? I don't want to use plastidip.
Old 04-29-2015, 12:42 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I would just be patient! They'll come out as more aftermarket parts are being designed. Just takes awhile for brand new models.
Old 04-29-2015, 12:56 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ChadStang
I I don't want to use plastidip.
I have never used PlastiDip but have been looking at the videos on youtube about it. Out of curiosity why do you not want to use it? I was thinking of using it to make my emblems black instead of blue.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by digitaltodd
I have never used PlastiDip but have been looking at the videos on youtube about it. Out of curiosity why do you not want to use it? I was thinking of using it to make my emblems black instead of blue.

I did the badges on a few of my Mustangs and found it didn't seem to hold up. I'm not crazy about the flat finish either and didn't really want to get into the glossifier. I'd rather just have a permanent solution that doesn't require a lot of maintenance.
The following users liked this post:
digitaltodd (04-30-2015)
Old 04-29-2015, 08:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Im getting mine paint matched in black as we speak. Should have it by Monday at the latest. I will post pics. Unless it looks terrible haha. I wanted to get some sort secondary color for the lettering(possibly matte), but couldn't come to a conclusion.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JD3V
Im getting mine paint matched in black as we speak. Should have it by Monday at the latest. I will post pics. Unless it looks terrible haha. I wanted to get some sort secondary color for the lettering(possibly matte), but couldn't come to a conclusion.
Looking forward to seeing the pictures. I'd love to do it as well. Please send contact who's painting them
Old 04-30-2015, 12:44 AM

Did you remove the stockers for paint or order new ones?
Old 05-24-2015, 06:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How did the emblems come out painted black??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Aftermarket Badges/Emblems