Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adjusting Boss Coilovers - How to?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 02:40 PM
Ambassador of Aloha

Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts

Default Adjusting Boss Coilovers - How to?

Hey all,
I realize this might be considered more of an Aftermarket Products or Maintenance post, but there's 4-5x more viewership in this forum and it's specific to my 2015 whip.

Okay, so I'm in love with my new Boss Ultimate kit setup and contemplating lifting the front just a couple of hairs taller. Please forgive this meathead for not being as mechanically fluent as most seem to be here, but can anyone give me a 3rd grade-level explanation of how to increase the ride height on the Boss front coilovers?

I looked up a few videos and how-to's but haven't seen anything specific to the Boss products, and there seem to be variations on the locking and perch ring pieces. Yes - I do have the spanner wrench. Bonus: if anyone can provide photos, that would be super great.

BTW - anyone watching the US Open golf tourney?
Old 06-18-2016, 01:17 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SURF150
Hey all,
I realize this might be considered more of an Aftermarket Products or Maintenance post, but there's 4-5x more viewership in this forum and it's specific to my 2015 whip.

Okay, so I'm in love with my new Boss Ultimate kit setup and contemplating lifting the front just a couple of hairs taller. Please forgive this meathead for not being as mechanically fluent as most seem to be here, but can anyone give me a 3rd grade-level explanation of how to increase the ride height on the Boss front coilovers?

I looked up a few videos and how-to's but haven't seen anything specific to the Boss products, and there seem to be variations on the locking and perch ring pieces. Yes - I do have the spanner wrench. Bonus: if anyone can provide photos, that would be super great.

BTW - anyone watching the US Open golf tourney?
Pretty straight forward with the Boss coilovers. Unload the suspension by jacking up the front. Then simply use the spanner wrench and a 1/2" ratchet/breaker bar and turn to increase the spring preload by turning the collar at the bottom of the spring. I used a small piece of painters tape to know how far I turned the collar. 2-3 full turns was roughly 1/4" of height. Mine is currently about 2 3/4" from bottom of the collar to end of the threads.

Sorry I didn't take any pictures when I was adjusting mine.

Last edited by OH FX4; 06-18-2016 at 01:23 AM.
Old 06-19-2016, 12:43 AM
Ambassador of Aloha

Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by OH FX4
Pretty straight forward with the Boss coilovers. Unload the suspension by jacking up the front. Then simply use the spanner wrench and a 1/2" ratchet/breaker bar and turn to increase the spring preload by turning the collar at the bottom of the spring. I used a small piece of painters tape to know how far I turned the collar. 2-3 full turns was roughly 1/4" of height. Mine is currently about 2 3/4" from bottom of the collar to end of the threads.

Sorry I didn't take any pictures when I was adjusting mine.
I like the painter's tape tip; smart. Is it easier with the wheels off?
Old 06-19-2016, 07:44 AM

Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

Pics
Old 06-19-2016, 03:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SURF150
I like the painter's tape tip; smart. Is it easier with the wheels off?
Easier with the wheels off unless you're only adjusting a small amount.

Quick Reply: Adjusting Boss Coilovers - How to?