Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

50 inch light bar with automatic high beams

Old 10-09-2015, 09:48 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 50 inch light bar with automatic high beams

Hey all was just wondering if anyone could give me some input on how a 50 inch light bar on the roof of my truck is going to effect the automatic headlights in my platinum. I am gonna have the light bar wired to a different switch just wanted to know if when I turn the light bar on will the high beams cut out because it thinks the excess of light is a vehicle coming towards. Any input is appreciated
Old 10-09-2015, 09:56 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Need to check laws in the state your living in, Don't think you can run that type of light only on off roading.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:41 AM

It's in Canada and we do have laws but they are pretty lenient as long as you aren't blinding people with them
Old 10-10-2015, 01:25 PM

Received 209 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Newfguy93
It's in Canada and we do have laws but they are pretty lenient as long as you aren't blinding people with them
And you don't think a fifty inch LED light bar is excessively bright? And you're one of those DB that drives with HB on.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:28 PM

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Just to chime in buddy of mine had some on is Tundra and got a $650 ticket in AZ while driving down interstate 10..... TISK TISK TISK I told him. lol Forget what the ticket read in all but it was a list of technical violations with that bar on top....
Old 10-10-2015, 01:47 PM

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Regardless of the laws this will be an issue if you want to use the high beams and the light bar together, where I live as long as you turn it off when you meet a car I wouldn't worry a bit. The OP didn't say he was going to use it on the road or not, just asked how it would affect the auto hi beams
Old 10-10-2015, 02:08 PM

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by RceRdFX4
Regardless of the laws this will be an issue if you want to use the high beams and the light bar together, where I live as long as you turn it off when you meet a car I wouldn't worry a bit. The OP didn't say he was going to use it on the road or not, just asked how it would affect the auto hi beams
Like OP said thought in Canada laws aren't enforced strongly, he responded to the first response.
Old 10-10-2015, 02:35 PM

Received 368 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by DallasTXF150
And you don't think a fifty inch LED light bar is excessively bright? And you're one of those DB that drives with HB on.
Okay-slow your roll. This statement does nothing to help and also shows your total ignorance about the environment the op lives in. It is NOTHING like Texas.

To the op-I get it. Living in AK I also live in an environment that a lot of people have light bars that they use on the roads (including small cars-corollas look strange with them mounted lol). When you dont see a soul for hours on the road and there is all kinds of wild animals you have to worry about, the more light the better.

I dont have an answer to your question, but I am also very curious as I plan to mount a light bar on my truck as well. Good luck with finding out!
Old 10-10-2015, 04:44 PM

I live in Newfoundland Canada and like I said in a previous post there are laws saying you can't use them on public roads but the police also understand that if your driving for hours on end in pitch black in an environment where there are more moose than people you are gonna want to be able to see clearly and far ahead. I once never said I was gonna keep it on when oncoming traffic was approaching and my high beams are automatic so how am I gonna blind people oncoming when they shut off automatically? Maybe instead of talking out of your *** you should read my full post. Best regards: Brandon 👌🏼
Originally Posted by DallasTXF150
Old 10-11-2015, 10:36 AM

Received 209 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Gerrard155
Okay-slow your roll. This statement does nothing to help and also shows your total ignorance about the environment the op lives in. It is NOTHING like Texas.

To the op-I get it. Living in AK I also live in an environment that a lot of people have light bars that they use on the roads (including small cars-corollas look strange with them mounted lol). When you dont see a soul for hours on the road and there is all kinds of wild animals you have to worry about, the more light the better.

I dont have an answer to your question, but I am also very curious as I plan to mount a light bar on my truck as well. Good luck with finding out!
Ignorance flows freely from both of us then. You don't know the environment he lives in and made an ***-sumption likewise.

But based on his statement about how the light laws aren't strictly enforced then it was very logical to assume his intent was to use it on public roads where he would likely come across the police which likely means other drivers.

Back country roads that you can see for miles sure but all it takes is one time if it was a winding road with a family in a small sedan comes riding up a hill or a curve and gets blinded and run off the road.

No matter how you point the light bar it's bright as hell. Your high beams are bright enough for nearly all applications. If you can't see with high beams then you shouldn't be driving at night. Or slow down a bit. They're bright but not nearly as blinding as a 50 inch bar.

But then again if you don't care about the safety of others then do whatever your Arkansas *** wants to do. If you're just endangering other Arkansas asses and not any Texan asses so...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 50 inch light bar with automatic high beams