Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 f150 water leak on brake pedal

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 10:54 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2016 f150 water leak on brake pedal

I have a new 2016 lariet 4x4 supercrew with dual moonroof. Water has leaked several times after a rain so it is at the stealership now. And after showing the tech these pics of water and the rust they said it is not leaking and the rust is normal and on several new vehicles in the lot. I am picking it up today but know it will leak again.

I am hoping there is somebody out there with the same problem so I can fix this issue once and for all.

Luckily the texas lemon laws are sound and I will more than likely have to file a claim because of the issues I will get in the future, it is just crazy that when you pay a fortune for the truck it is leaking water constantly and the dealer cant find the leak or recreate the leak.

thanks in advance for any help in this matter.
Attached Thumbnails 2016 f150 water leak on brake pedal-floorboard.jpg   2016 f150 water leak on brake pedal-img_3129.jpg   2016 f150 water leak on brake pedal-img_3128.jpg   2016 f150 water leak on brake pedal-img_3126.jpg  
Old 01-20-2017, 11:13 AM

Received 143 Likes on 84 Posts

One of my trucks is a 2016 with less than 300 miles on it, I don't see any rust under the dash like your photographs.
I would take it to another dealer that is more interested in helping me.
The following users liked this post:
russ111 (01-20-2017)
Old 01-20-2017, 11:40 AM

Received 116 Likes on 87 Posts

there's a drain tube on all four corners of your moon roof that drain down the pillars, out the bottom of the truck. They can come loose at the corner of the moon roof and the water will follow the path of least resistance.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:45 AM

Received 221 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by covertness
there's a drain tube on all four corners of your moon roof that drain down the pillars, out the bottom of the truck. They can come loose at the corner of the moon roof and the water will follow the path of least resistance.
this right here. Ive seen it happen on a lot of previous vehicles especially the double roof trucks
Old 01-20-2017, 02:40 PM

Received 104 Likes on 86 Posts

I've seen this problem on the forum a bunch of times it's usually the moonroof or the windshield leaking. Try the search feature plenty of threads cover this problem.
Old 01-21-2017, 08:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have wet carpet on the floor near the rear driver passenger floor and door sill area after some heavy rain. Non sunroof truck. Any spots to have the dealer check? One thing is that I was on vacation during the rain, came home and when I opened the door, water came out. I thought it was strange. It figured it was just trapped behind the door and weatherstripping. It got on the carpet a bit so I touched it and realized it was much wetter than I expected. Removed the small rear sill plate and felt under the carpet and the pad was wet also. I only have 1900 miles on the truck. Anyone with similar problems. I did check the plug behind the rear seat and it appeared dry and the carpet below that was dry also.
Old 01-22-2017, 03:24 AM

Received 104 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by whatthehucks
I have wet carpet on the floor near the rear driver passenger floor and door sill area after some heavy rain. Non sunroof truck. Any spots to have the dealer check? One thing is that I was on vacation during the rain, came home and when I opened the door, water came out. I thought it was strange. It figured it was just trapped behind the door and weatherstripping. It got on the carpet a bit so I touched it and realized it was much wetter than I expected. Removed the small rear sill plate and felt under the carpet and the pad was wet also. I only have 1900 miles on the truck. Anyone with similar problems. I did check the plug behind the rear seat and it appeared dry and the carpet below that was dry also.
I'd start with any plugs or vents behind the seat, the roof seam on that side ( looks like a seam of painted caulk on the roof above the doors ) The third brake lights can also leak
Old 01-31-2017, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whatthehucks

I recently had this same issue...pulled the driver side sills and come to find out there was an INCH of water in my wire channel and the carpet was saturated as far up the carpet pad as I could reach. Driver side rear was also soaked as far as I could reach under. Checked the passenger side and it was dry as a bone. Ive read that some owners had had similar leak issues from their rear cab vents or from their moon roofs so I took my truck into the dealership for them to find the leak. Come to find out my drivers side rear door matting had not properly sealed correctly from the factory and the silicone had failed to kick the water out of the door down to the weep holes allowing it to soak into my carpet instead. I was told Ford doesn't normally replace carpets anymore since they are made of a mold resistant material but my carpet had started to smell horrible. Luckily with the help of my wonderful Ford dealership I deal with they fought and won...Ford replace not only my entire carpet but my rear door speaker that had water damage and my door matting. They assured me that while the carpet was out they dried all connectors and put dielectric grease in them. They did replace the cabin air filter for me as well but I did pay for that...it was the least I could do! Dealership only had my truck for a week so I pretty happy about how quickly they replaced everything. Only had the truck back for a few days but no more water so far!!! I do still have a weird smell that comes from my ac vents when I first turn the system on but hopefully over time that will clear up or I will find something I can spray in the system to make it smell better.
Old 01-31-2017, 05:13 PM

I had a similar issue in my 2016 lemon, among many other issues. The whole cab would fill with water. Had it 6 weeks and the dealer said it looked like the body was out of alignment. Is this not checked at the plant and then again at the dealership? QC issues!!! I talked to the dealership last week and they still don't know what's wrong with the lemon I purchased.
Old 02-14-2017, 04:58 PM

Default Water leak and dealer cant find hope this video will help them

Dealer couldnt find my leak so after a rain recently took this video and pics. Maybe they will look harder for the leak this next time. About ready to get a lawyer on this too.
Attached Thumbnails 2016 f150 water leak on brake pedal-img_3209.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: wmv
F150 water leak.wmv (1.89 MB, 267 views)
The following users liked this post:
adolfol (10-02-2018)

Quick Reply: 2016 f150 water leak on brake pedal