Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 XLT - 3 weeks old - impressions and questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 XLT - 3 weeks old - impressions and questions

Love it mostly. Got the 4-door Crew Cab, 6.5' bed, 5.0 V8.

Simmons Rockwell in Hornell NY took $8100 off sticker.

The "Green Gem" color looks very nice in bright sun, but otherwise looks kinda black.

The Power seats do not include a power seatback......yet I have power adjustable pedals.....odd. I wonder how big a hassle it would be to get a power seatback installed for the driver side?

Fuel gauge gets same billing as three other gauges that rarely come into play, relatively speaking. Fuel gauge should have been larger, or placed separately.

I still haven't had time to RTFM so I don't understand the headlight switch/dial.

I do like the intermittent wiper setup; been using cars where it's a 2-part process.

Damn, the space for rear passengers is huge!

Can I swap out the "20" seat in the front 40-20-40 seats for a storage console of some sort?

USB port is not lit up but should be.

I will probably keep it 8 years or so.
Old 09-22-2015, 09:52 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rambler17
Love it mostly. Got the 4-door Crew Cab, 6.5' bed, 5.0 V8.

Simmons Rockwell in Hornell NY took $8100 off sticker.

The "Green Gem" color looks very nice in bright sun, but otherwise looks kinda black.

The Power seats do not include a power seatback......yet I have power adjustable pedals.....odd. I wonder how big a hassle it would be to get a power seatback installed for the driver side?

Fuel gauge gets same billing as three other gauges that rarely come into play, relatively speaking. Fuel gauge should have been larger, or placed separately.

I still haven't had time to RTFM so I don't understand the headlight switch/dial.

I do like the intermittent wiper setup; been using cars where it's a 2-part process.

Damn, the space for rear passengers is huge!

Can I swap out the "20" seat in the front 40-20-40 seats for a storage console of some sort?

USB port is not lit up but should be.

I will probably keep it 8 years or so.
Similar setup for me and agree on HUGE rear. I was shocked coming from a 2009-2014 model.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:00 PM

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts

I have the XLT 302A package it is the upgraded package from 301A that I'm guessing you have. Part of 302A is 10 way adjustable driver and passenger seat. Which includes tilt back to the seat.

I have the Sport which includes the center console also color matched bumpers center shift. Part of what I ordered / wanted. I'm sure you can swap it I have seen a youtube video of a guy doing it I believe.

Quick Reply: 2015 XLT - 3 weeks old - impressions and questions