Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 Safety Question - Front Crash Prevention

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 11:22 PM
Superstar Member?

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default 2015 Safety Question - Front Crash Prevention

Anybody know if the 2015s will offer front sensors that will detect a vehicle getting too close and apply the brakes for you?

I see this feature in the fusion and wish they'd offer it in the F150s. I think it's a neat feature for daily commuters like myself. I travel over an hour everyday mostly on the freeway. Some areas are stop and go while other areas easily hit 70mph. That safety feature would be great for someone like myself. I can't seem to find info about it on Ford's website though.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:41 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Di Lullo
Anybody know if the 2015s will offer front sensors that will detect a vehicle getting too close and apply the brakes for you?

I see this feature in the fusion and wish they'd offer it in the F150s. I think it's a neat feature for daily commuters like myself. I travel over an hour everyday mostly on the freeway. Some areas are stop and go while other areas easily hit 70mph. That safety feature would be great for someone like myself. I can't seem to find info about it on Ford's website though.
I do know there's a front camera, however, I don't know if there's front collision warning with automatic braking or not.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:49 PM
Superstar Member?

Originally Posted by PhiDeltDave
I do know there's a front camera, however, I don't know if there's front collision warning with automatic braking or not.

The front camera looks neat!

I hope there is auto-braking. I had a fender bender in my 2012 a few weeks ago (my fault) and realized how useful it would be.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:54 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Yes it will have this feature, it's called (correct me if I'm wrong) "Adaptive Cruise Control with Collision Mitigation System". I know it comes as an option on Lariat but not sure if available on XL/XLT.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:41 PM

Received 83 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by patrob
Yes it will have this feature, it's called (correct me if I'm wrong) "Adaptive Cruise Control with Collision Mitigation System". I know it comes as an option on Lariat but not sure if available on XL/XLT.
We have it on our explorer. I think adaptive cruise uses the trans and throttle to control it. If you get to close, whether the cruise is on or off, the red bar flashes on the windshield, alarm goes off and it "pre-charges the brakes" (more sensitive to pedal manipulation). But it doesn't actually brake for you...
The following 2 users liked this post by BlacknTan2:
Di Lullo (09-02-2014), powerboatr (09-03-2014)
Old 09-02-2014, 09:39 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BlacknTan2
We have it on our explorer. I think adaptive cruise uses the trans and throttle to control it. If you get to close, whether the cruise is on or off, the red bar flashes on the windshield, alarm goes off and it "pre-charges the brakes" (more sensitive to pedal manipulation). But it doesn't actually brake for you...
Disappointing it doesn't brake for you, I've seen commercials of Acuras and Buicks having the automatic braking, it would've been great if Ford could have integrated it into this F150.
The following users liked this post:
Di Lullo (09-02-2014)
Old 09-02-2014, 09:58 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by BlacknTan2
Really? I thought it would stop for you :-( Very disappointing!
Old 09-02-2014, 10:02 PM

Received 83 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by PhiDeltDave
Disappointing it doesn't brake for you, I've seen commercials of Acuras and Buicks having the automatic braking, it would've been great if Ford could have integrated it into this F150.
Maybe it's been updated. It also requires you to brake when it parallel parks itself. It scans and steers the vehicle, but you have to shift and brake.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:23 PM
Superstar Member?

Well, all this is good news headed in the right direction. Too bad it doesn't just brake for you though. That's certainly the ultimate safety feature. I thought I understood top of line Fusions have this auto brake feature, but I could be wrong.

Quick Reply: 2015 Safety Question - Front Crash Prevention