Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 FX4 Long Bed Build w/ Stainless Works Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 09:01 AM

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Default 2015 FX4 Long Bed Build w/ Stainless Works Exhaust

I picked up my truck around thanksgiving this year. Being a couple years out of college, this is my first new vehicle and the first truck that I've had the dough to modify. This truck replaces my 2001 F150, and holy smokes, these new trucks are SO nice in comparison. I haven't sold my old truck yet, and it makes the dang thing feel like a tractor compared to the new one.

Shout out to all those here for giving me ideas and helping me research the best setup for me! I am still learning, so sorry in advance if I can't help answer your questions

Exhaust: I was fortunate enough to stumble in to Stainless Works R&D program, so right now my truck is sitting on a lift in Ohio being fit up with their long tube headers and true dual exhaust system. I am super to drive this thing home on Thursday.

Suspension: I have King 2.5 Coilovers and shocks on order, which should be shipping out at the end of the month. They will be fit up with Icon UCA's and a 3" rear block. I need to use my truck as a truck, so 3" block to prevent the saggy behind! I'll be wrapping the OEM wheels in Cooper ST MAXX 295/70R18.

Intake: Still mulling this one over. I really want to shove some air into this bad boy, but a supercharger is so expensive and I don't know if I would get my money's worth (I am not an aggressive driver). I also have concerns with the extra wear and tear that accompanies a SC - I plan to have this truck for a long time!

I will update as these upgrades are added!

Old 01-20-2016, 09:11 AM

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Love the truck! The 15+ XLT Sport's are super nice. Can't wait to see the progress! And let me know how the headers turn out! I had ordered a set for my 14 5.0 and they were being shipped when the truck got totaled so I never got the chance to install them.
Old 01-20-2016, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by 2014coyote
Love the truck! The 15+ XLT Sport's are super nice. Can't wait to see the progress! And let me know how the headers turn out! I had ordered a set for my 14 5.0 and they were being shipped when the truck got totaled so I never got the chance to install them.
Thank you! I was being insanely picking about my truck - had to get the sport, in magnetic grey, with the 6.5' bed, V8, XLT and sunroof. Apparently that combo didn't exist so they made me one! I love the way it looks.

Hate to hear about the untimely death of your '14...
Old 01-20-2016, 10:42 AM

Received 500 Likes on 383 Posts

Ditch the rear lift block and get a set of deaver or nationals. just tell them how much lift you are running up front and they will send you the right setup (+1 or +2) to match. The block adds to the mechanical advantage of the rear diff on the springs and makes axle wrap worse - the larger the block the worse the wrap. This will be a critical issue if you decide to run a supercharger. Running a proper multi-leaf pack will all but eliminate axle wrap - especially if you explain your plan to the folks making the pack.
The following users liked this post:
SilverSurfer15 (01-20-2016)
Old 01-20-2016, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by WarSurfer
Ditch the rear lift block and get a set of deaver or nationals. just tell them how much lift you are running up front and they will send you the right setup (+1 or +2) to match. The block adds to the mechanical advantage of the rear diff on the springs and makes axle wrap worse - the larger the block the worse the wrap. This will be a critical issue if you decide to run a supercharger. Running a proper multi-leaf pack will all but eliminate axle wrap - especially if you explain your plan to the folks making the pack.
Dang, didn't think of that. I looked into some Deavers but I was scared off by the cost so I was going to go with the block until I ponied up enough dough to pull the trigger on a new leaf pack...

Deaver quoted me at $1350. Does that sound right?
Old 01-20-2016, 11:41 AM

Received 225 Likes on 165 Posts

In 2009 (lol) I ordered a set of 8" rear Alcans for my tacoma SAS build, they were 900 bucks shipped. So probably?

Also, look a this:

http://www.cognitomotorsports.com/de...ing-11-hd.html

Seems comparable. Unforunately, I dont think the lift height really changes the price that much, so whether you are getting 2" or 10", they will still be around the same price.

FWIW, my Alcans were AWESOME. The truck had 40s, a blower, stick shift, 5.38s, and could launch pretty hard on the street with minimal wrap/hop and would still flex like a champ offroad. Probably the best upgrade I ever did on that truck.
Old 01-20-2016, 12:00 PM

Received 500 Likes on 383 Posts

deaver or national was just an example. you could get Alcans or even have someone local make a pack for you.
Old 01-20-2016, 12:06 PM

Received 225 Likes on 165 Posts

Yea, i wasnt trying to advocate you buy Alcans, just sharing an experience.
Old 01-20-2016, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by SilverSurfer15
In 2009 (lol) I ordered a set of 8" rear Alcans for my tacoma SAS build, they were 900 bucks shipped. So probably?

Also, look a this:

http://www.cognitomotorsports.com/de...ing-11-hd.html

Seems comparable. Unforunately, I dont think the lift height really changes the price that much, so whether you are getting 2" or 10", they will still be around the same price.

FWIW, my Alcans were AWESOME. The truck had 40s, a blower, stick shift, 5.38s, and could launch pretty hard on the street with minimal wrap/hop and would still flex like a champ offroad. Probably the best upgrade I ever did on that truck.
Originally Posted by WarSurfer
deaver or national was just an example. you could get Alcans or even have someone local make a pack for you.
Well shoot. I was thinking the rear lift wouldn't make much of a difference, but looks like I may be wrong! How to justify another $1.3K on suspension though... Hmm I have a Humminbird fishfinder I need to get rid of; sell that and put the money into new leafs. EASY!
Old 01-20-2016, 12:37 PM

Also, when you replace your leaf springs, do you typically ditch the factory block??

Quick Reply: 2015 FX4 Long Bed Build w/ Stainless Works Exhaust