Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 front bumper removal help

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 12:42 PM

Received 67 Likes on 44 Posts

Question 2015 front bumper removal help

Hey guys- this may be a fairly novice question, but any DIY's or info on how to remove the front bumper on a 2015 with general tools?

Some A $ $ clown hit-n-ran my truck, body shop will cut the repair cost in half if I remove the bumper and bring it in vs them removing/re-install... not worth the insurance claim...

I'm "assuming" you pop the plastic bumper pads off, and it looks like there's (3) bolts on each side... probably some clips as well...

Any tips/tricks/hints before I try it?

I searched this forum and you tube... only found one video which showed what I listed above.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-10-2015, 03:25 PM

Well, since no one offered any help, I went at it blindly and it turned out really, REALLY easy!

On my Lariat Sport, the bumper insert is all one piece...I masked the edges of the bumper surrounding it, and using a trim removal tool, gently pryed it out of the bumper. There's a series of clips that hold it in place. Removing this piece exposed the bumper mounting points, (3) bolts per side... The top 2 are attached to a single bracket that slides into place from the back. Unscrew the bolts from the front. The bottom bolt is screwed in from the back. A simple hinged extension works perfectly and the bolt itself is attached to a pin to prevent it from spinning, well done Ford!

Unplug the fog light harnesses and clip that attaches them to the bumper before removal.

There's a cheap, thin plastic piece of trim that runs almost the length of the bumper between it and the grill, that attaches with (3) push clips...pull those out.

And that's it... Piece of cake!

Old 10-10-2015, 03:41 PM

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Good job!!! Dang look how easy the oil filter is to get to now !! Ok this is added to my oil change process LOL! jk
Old 10-10-2015, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tx King Ranch
Good job!!! Dang look how easy the oil filter is to get to now !! Ok this is added to my oil chhange process LOL! jk
Didn't even notice that!!! Heck, might as well knock out my first change while it's opened up! Good catch!

Quick Reply: 2015 front bumper removal help