Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 F150 - How much off of window sticker did you get?

Old 06-21-2015, 08:59 PM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default 2015 F150 - How much off of window sticker did you get?

New guy alert here. Tried to do a search but came up empty.

Just curious how much off window sticker y'all are getting on your 2015 trucks? I am looking to trade out of my 2010 Lariat towards the end of the year and it seems like this would be a better way of determining how to negotiate a new truck deal verses what someone might have paid out the door.

So, what model, motor, 2wd or 4wd and how much off window sticker did you get?

Thanks in advance.

-Ron
Old 06-21-2015, 09:07 PM

Received 339 Likes on 191 Posts

It's not how much off the sticker you should be worried about. It's how much under invoice you can get the truck for.

Typically a good deal is considered, invoice -$500 - any rebates.

The sticker price shouldn't even come into play when negotiating a price.
The following users liked this post:
Ricktwuhk (06-21-2015)
Old 06-21-2015, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2015 XLT 2wd super cab, 3.5 n/a, 3.55 rear with e locker.

MSRP $35,245
Price $31,156 plus free Line-X bed liner

This was the internet sales price so no negotiating was needed... I did negotiate my trade in.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Austin Ron
New guy alert here. Tried to do a search but came up empty.

Just curious how much off window sticker y'all are getting on your 2015 trucks? I am looking to trade out of my 2010 Lariat towards the end of the year and it seems like this would be a better way of determining how to negotiate a new truck deal verses what someone might have paid out the door.

So, what model, motor, 2wd or 4wd and how much off window sticker did you get?

Thanks in advance.

-Ron
One way to lock in a price close to invoice is through Ford's X-plan pricing. If you've owned at least 100 shares of Ford stock for six months, they will give you X-plan pricing, which is what I did. Ford stock is kind of flat right now, so not a bad time to buy and they do pay a decent dividend.

See this thread:
https://www.f150forum.com/f118/x-pla...stions-276427/
Ricktwuhk (06-21-2015)
Old 06-21-2015, 11:03 PM

Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts

There is a thread dedicated to this topic. I have X plan and frankly it was a crappy deal. I was able to beat X plan price by almost $3K. I got 12% off the window sticker with no rebates. That is typically a good deal. After shopping 4 dealers I got one to offer $1,200 more for my trade and $1444 better than true car. I bought it on the spot. True Car typically will give you a good idea of what you should pay however I was able to beat it. I was surprised that when looking at IL, TX and KS the IL price on True Car was about $3K below what those markets are getting for trucks. Do your homework and be willing to shop around for the best deal.
Austin Ron (06-21-2015)
Old 06-21-2015, 11:33 PM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 2015F150Platinum4x4
It's not how much off the sticker you should be worried about. It's how much under invoice you can get the truck for.

Typically a good deal is considered, invoice -$500 - any rebates.

The sticker price shouldn't even come into play when negotiating a price.
This is true. But, getting an idea how far off sticker dealers are coming helps you get an idea how well a new body style vehicle is selling and what areas of the country are more eager to move them. Some dealers won't budge on invoice while others will.

Also, they may come off price more on a higher end truck like a limited or platinum because less people buy the higher end trucks in that area, whereas on an XLT for example they may not budge much because more people can afford them.

I know in Central TX they will generally carve more off of a loaded truck because they have more room in them than they will a middle of the road truck.
Old 06-22-2015, 12:06 AM

Received 367 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by dtibbals
There is a thread dedicated to this topic. I have X plan and frankly it was a crappy deal. I was able to beat X plan price by almost $3K. I got 12% off the window sticker with no rebates. That is typically a good deal. After shopping 4 dealers I got one to offer $1,200 more for my trade and $1444 better than true car. I bought it on the spot. True Car typically will give you a good idea of what you should pay however I was able to beat it. I was surprised that when looking at IL, TX and KS the IL price on True Car was about $3K below what those markets are getting for trucks. Do your homework and be willing to shop around for the best deal.
I agree with the X-Plan is crock. I also don't believe in truecar either. Total BS there also.

I have used this place twice. Printed out the truck I wanted and get them to beat there price or walk. Pretty simple.

http://www.vernonautogroup.com/web/i...ivetrain=11357

My truck sticker was 58330 and I paid 49300. I also got them to throw in the rear wheel liners, DigiShield, and the bedliner. I think I did pretty well.

The truck I wanted was not on the lot either. I found it at a near by dealer. (within 50 min drive) I also printed the VIN and info on it and told them I wanted this truck and this truck only and where they could get it. They tried to sell me one on there lot.

Long story short... They sold me that truck and I guess traded one of there 2015's for it.

I still think it's sad that this day in age we still have to play the game at the dealer where the salesman has to go back and forth to the special people in this special booth like the cat bird seat to get permission and agree on the deal I want. Sad very Sad. They also tell me that people still come in a pay sticker less rebates for there trucks. If there are people that do this? They either don't care about money or have way to much of it. I can buy what I want but I am not going to over pay for it either. Except when I decide I want the H&K MP5 SD I will just go get one and they are around 25K there is no deals on them. LOL
Old 06-22-2015, 01:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kendive
I agree with the X-Plan is crock. I also don't believe in truecar either. Total BS there also. I have used this place twice. Printed out the truck I wanted and get them to beat there price or walk. Pretty simple. http://www.vernonautogroup.com/web/i...ivetrain=11357 My truck sticker was 58330 and I paid 49300. I also got them to throw in the rear wheel liners, DigiShield, and the bedliner. I think I did pretty well. The truck I wanted was not on the lot either. I found it at a near by dealer. (within 50 min drive) I also printed the VIN and info on it and told them I wanted this truck and this truck only and where they could get it. They tried to sell me one on there lot. Long story short... They sold me that truck and I guess traded one of there 2015's for it. I still think it's sad that this day in age we still have to play the game at the dealer where the salesman has to go back and forth to the special people in this special booth like the cat bird seat to get permission and agree on the deal I want. Sad very Sad. They also tell me that people still come in a pay sticker less rebates for there trucks. If there are people that do this? They either don't care about money or have way to much of it. I can buy what I want but I am not going to over pay for it either. Except when I decide I want the H&K MP5 SD I will just go get one and they are around 25K there is no deals on them. LOL
Kendive gotta take you with me when I go shopping
kendive (06-22-2015)
Old 06-22-2015, 01:31 AM

Received 367 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by reuelliot
Kendive gotta take you with me when I go shopping
Lets go... I guess for a truck? But it would be more fun shopping for Class 3 full auto suppressed weapons. Get your NFA Trust setup and your good to go as long as you don't live in a state that does not let you have kool toys?
Old 06-22-2015, 07:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

about 5000 got an xlt crew cab 2.7l with sport package

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 F150 - How much off of window sticker did you get?