2015 F150 Engine Specs - Page 62 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans



2015 F150 Engine Specs

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-21-2014, 04:19 PM   #611
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,945
Thanked 579 Times in 401 Posts
Default

NC = northern Colorado?

Maybe. Lol
packplantpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 04:31 PM   #612
Senior Member
5 Year Member
 
papa tiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 16,165
Thanked 150 Times in 145 Posts
Default

He was talking about how great the Bow Tie motor is an I stated fact. It falls flat in the hills of N.C.
papa tiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 04:58 PM   #613
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 51
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa tiger View Post
He was talking about how great the Bow Tie motor is an I stated fact. It falls flat in the hills of N.C.
Are there documented cases of this? I did not mean to disparage you, the point I and others are making is documented SAE power wise the GM has it. So what we or I are saying is what is Ford going to do about it? Bar room speculation on who has what power is trivial compared to the documented SAE numbers. Engineering specs are the way I purchase items not hearsay.
Mr Truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:59 PM   #614
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 959
Thanked 136 Times in 110 Posts
Default

Go on youtube and look at the towing videos. 10,000 pounds hooked to the back of an Ecoboost and a 6.2 Chevy. The Eco beats the Chevy to the Eisenhower tunnel by 1 1/2 minutes; that's forever.

Eco is better at altitude. It also has more torque production at low RPM. The big V8's have impressive numbers but they are all at 4,500 RPM.
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to acadianbob For This Useful Post:
nihilus (07-22-2014)
Old 07-21-2014, 08:33 PM   #615
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 88
Thanked 13 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Truck View Post
Im not sure where you are getting 380 to 420 HP Ford is showing 365 I do not care for the GM 6.2L will still go with Ford however as I said Ford IS taking a back seat to GM's 6.2l for power not sure why. The GM is current getting 17 MPG and car and driver tested a crewcab 4wd in 4wd at 5.4 0-60 something my Ford has never come close to. The question I have for Ford is are they giving up on having the most power in the half ton market? It use to be the 6.2L until GM introduced it's 6.2L.

When the ecoboost 1st came out back in 2011 it was rated at 365hp/420tq but truthfully i think ford was sandbagging us on the numbers i believe its more then advertised.anyway getting back to what we were talking about sure the 6.2L rite now has more power its newer Ford engine design for the ecoboost in the f150 is four years old and Chevy had to put up a brand-new truck with brand-new engines to compete. U think ford new 2015 with all they're doing to save weight you think they're going to up the power. I know they're going up the power in the eco-boost & the 5.0 L engine ,the ecoboost should be rated at the crank 380 hp at least because the new Lincoln navigator the rating for there engine which is an eco-boost is at 380 HP.
2010fordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:34 PM   #616
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 88
Thanked 13 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Truck View Post
Im not sure where you are getting 380 to 420 HP Ford is showing 365 I do not care for the GM 6.2L will still go with Ford however as I said Ford IS taking a back seat to GM's 6.2l for power not sure why. The GM is current getting 17 MPG and car and driver tested a crewcab 4wd in 4wd at 5.4 0-60 something my Ford has never come close to. The question I have for Ford is are they giving up on having the most power in the half ton market? It use to be the 6.2L until GM introduced it's 6.2L.

When the ecoboost 1st came out back in 2011 it was rated at 365hp/420tq but truthfully i think ford was sandbagging us on the numbers i believe its more then advertised.anyway getting back to what we were talking about sure the 6.2L rite now has more power its newer Ford engine design for the ecoboost in the f150 is four years old and Chevy had to put up a brand-new truck with brand-new engines to compete. U think ford new 2015 with all they're doing to save weight you think they're going to up the power. I know they're going up the power in the eco-boost & the 5.0 L engine ,the ecoboost should be rated at the crank 380 hp at least because the new Lincoln navigator the rating for there engine which is an eco-boost is at 380 HP.

Not a dupi
2010fordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:35 PM   #617
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 88
Thanked 13 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Truck View Post
Im not sure where you are getting 380 to 420 HP Ford is showing 365 I do not care for the GM 6.2L will still go with Ford however as I said Ford IS taking a back seat to GM's 6.2l for power not sure why. The GM is current getting 17 MPG and car and driver tested a crewcab 4wd in 4wd at 5.4 0-60 something my Ford has never come close to. The question I have for Ford is are they giving up on having the most power in the half ton market? It use to be the 6.2L until GM introduced it's 6.2L.
When the ecoboost 1st came out back in 2011 it was rated at 365hp/420tq but truthfully i think ford was sandbagging us on the numbers i believe its more then advertised.anyway getting back to what we were talking about sure the 6.2L rite now has more power its newer Ford engine design for the ecoboost in the f150 is four years old and Chevy had to put up a brand-new truck with brand-new engines to compete. U think ford new 2015 with all they're doing to save weight you think they're going to up the power. I know they're going up the power in the eco-boost & the 5.0 L engine ,the ecoboost should be rated at the crank 380 hp at least because the new Lincoln navigator the rating for there engine which is an eco-boost is at 380 HP.

Not a dupi
2010fordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:41 PM   #618
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 51
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadianbob View Post
Go on youtube and look at the towing videos. 10,000 pounds hooked to the back of an Ecoboost and a 6.2 Chevy. The Eco beats the Chevy to the Eisenhower tunnel by 1 1/2 minutes; that's forever.

Eco is better at altitude. It also has more torque production at low RPM. The big V8's have impressive numbers but they are all at 4,500 RPM.
So some clowns who are all part of The Ford Lane climb a hill with a overloaded Echoboost in second and first gear and a GM that had the specs of hauling more weight was in third and second gear makes it less powerful? Even I can admit that if they added more weight to the GM would have kept it in second and would have gone faster than the Ecoboost up the hill. These same dingbats disproves your own point by doing 0-60's in high altitude and the GM beat it. Any automotive engineer would laugh at these clowns. A real test would be in manual to red line of each gear. You are still missing my point and that is Ford is taking a back seat to power and what are there plans? Ohh and your torque theory is wrong the with the new VVT there are plenty of threads with torque curves. As long as you feel better that's all that counts. I will stick with engineering documentation.
Mr Truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:58 PM   #619
Senior Member
5 Year Member
 
papa tiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 16,165
Thanked 150 Times in 145 Posts
Default

At around the 2 1/2 minute mark the Bow Tie guys big engine was screaming torture and the trans was shifting with rattling and vibration and low and behold the EB just blew its doors off on the torture trailer pull. Course it also used the most gas while blowing off the Bow Tie Doors. Fuel consumption means torque and the EB did it at altitude and used the most and the Bow Tie tortured and grunted. It would have had a tough time if it had to slow down while the EB simply smoked it running lower RPM,s

Last edited by papa tiger; 07-21-2014 at 10:01 PM.
papa tiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:50 PM   #620
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 175
Thanked 33 Times in 17 Posts
Default

The Chevy 6.2L is a premium engine selection for the 1/2 tons, as is the Ford 6.2L. The big Chevy dealer in my town has 549 Silverado's in stock....and only 3 with the 6.2L engine. The 3.5L ecoboost should really be compared to the Chevy 5.3L, although it can do just about anything the 6.2L can do (and sometimes better) all while getting better fuel economy. What's not to like about that?

As for those worrying about having lower HP/TQ specs than Chevy....cool your jets. I can almost guarantee you that Ford will offer another premium engine above the 3.5L ecoboost for all those who like to shell out the big bucks for a couple more HP and performance trucks like the Raptor.
2013SCREW is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lifted 2015 F150 - Black Widow Edition QuickM3 2015 - Present Ford F150 37 11-22-2016 07:19 PM
2015 2.7L Ecoboost Issue? Jdcanter13 6 Cylinder Engines 48 11-22-2016 01:25 PM
My New 2015 and Initial Thoughts FlatBlack XD 2015 - Present Ford F150 15 01-28-2016 08:36 PM
Help me order some interior dash parts. MichaelInCalifornia 2015 - Present Ford F150 8 10-03-2015 01:48 AM
Which plow for 2015 F150? beachbuggi Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing 11 09-25-2015 08:03 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:30 PM.


Copyright 2006 - 2016 F150Forum.com