Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 CB Radio mounting solution without center console

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 02:36 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 2015 CB Radio mounting solution without center console

Been looking and searching for mounting solutions that wouldn't require drilling holes in the dash or anywhere else.

I have a 2015 F150 XLT Supercrew with the front bench seat/without center console. I've considered mounting it under the front center seat storage compartment as the rear cigarette power point is right there as well, I could tap into that for the power. Only problem is sound/speaker, which I could just run an AUX cable to the radio and run the CB sound through the truck speakers.

BUT!!!

I came across this if anyone wanted a more accessible solution.

http://www.havis.com/products/SUB_HU...123720-83.html

Just thought I'd share what I've found as so far there aren't any *neat* mounting solutions out there. You could also tuck the wires under this mount and run them to the rear power point as well for a little cleaner install, I imagine, or attach a cigarette lighter end to the CB radio wires and plug it in the ciggy outlet just above.
Old 01-24-2016, 02:58 PM
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts

What about mounting it with hangers to the front dash, under neath? I have the center console and plan to add a CB radio AND a scanner.

Oh my old Nissan I had that Cobra all-in-one unit, so the microphone part WAS the actual CB. Let me just hang it wherever. And my scanner was installed UNDER my passenger seat with a remote head mounted under the front dash... where you'd mount your cb... see here... this is a scanner (and on a frontier) but you get the idea... You have to reach down to control it but it's out of the way.

The following users liked this post:
viper_crazy (01-24-2016)
Old 01-24-2016, 03:16 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah, that's a nice install, but I personally didn't want to be drilling holes into the dash, so I've been looking for cleaner install options such as the mounting bracket I linked in the OP.
Old 01-24-2016, 03:40 PM
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts

Yeah I hear ya... that's the problem I'm facing. NEW truck, don't want to drill any holes at all. When I sold my Frontier, I left the 3 antennas installed along with the CB radio. The scanner I removed, since you can't see the holes from where it was mounted. CB however was right on the dash, needed to leave it or you'd see a hole. the CB also sucked, since it didn't have much power, worked fine for on the beach, etc...

Old 01-24-2016, 05:15 PM

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

That looks like a nice setup! I just used a 2 piece hump mount on mine. Can't see it as good as I would like but it works till I can come up with something better
Old 01-25-2016, 12:44 AM

Received 208 Likes on 168 Posts

Whenever my truck gets built, I plan in installing the Cobra 75WXST remote amount; but don't know where it will fit yet. I will have the 40/20/40 front seat with no console.

Quick Reply: 2015 CB Radio mounting solution without center console