Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 Catch-Can Setups

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 12:09 PM

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Default 2015 Catch-Can Setups

Has anyone set up a catch can on their 2015? I've run an RX system on my 2012 5.0 and plan to do the same on my 15 EB. They've got the kits listed but I'm not sure of the install...if anyone has any pics or plans on what they're going to do, the post would be great!
Old 01-15-2015, 12:47 PM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

I will be on my 2015 when i get delivery

Follow this youtube install

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...HvXvz10spCuf-g
Old 01-15-2015, 12:56 PM

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

There have been several changes to the turbos and intercooler and possibly the PCV system made in the 2015 Ecoboost. No one seems in a hurry to explain these changes or even provide pictures of their engine let alone provide detailed installation instructions.

For me the decision to install one comes down to possible improvements made to the 2015 and the likelihood of losing my warranty. The service dept. at my dealer has already told me installation of a catch can will void my warranty as it is a modification to the emissions system. Other dealers may be more enlightened so I need to speak with them first.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by jdslyr
I will be on my 2015 when i get delivery

Follow this youtube install

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...HvXvz10spCuf-g
The install is the same (w/o clean side) as my 2012 in this video. The difference is going to be that there's guarding and stuff on the 2015's that wasn't on the previous models...so I'm just wondering if the install is different? location, location, location.... The front area of the 2015's is not as easily accessible.

BTW, my 5.0L Rx system will/is for sale! I'll have it posted on the forum soon.

Last edited by nix150; 01-15-2015 at 01:01 PM. Reason: added txt
Old 01-15-2015, 01:55 PM

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Okay i am a noob on the catch can. Quick pros/cons for me?
Old 01-15-2015, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by IndianaDanO
Okay i am a noob on the catch can. Quick pros/cons for me?
Honestly, the best thing to do is google it... and watch a few videos. They work. Well, a few work better than most. I'd say that Rx and UPR are the top two.

Here is some good reading!

https://www.f150forum.com/f70/5-0l-o...ch-can-112117/
The following users liked this post:
IndianaDanO (01-15-2015)
Old 01-15-2015, 02:17 PM

Received 96 Likes on 53 Posts

i have read abut these catch cans and im new to the ecoboost as well. I find it hard to believe I just paid 45+ thou on a vehicle that needs a mod right away to keep it from choking in a few thousand miles. if that's the case ill get rid of it right now. in the gun world its like spending 1000 or more on a 1911 and you need to grind and polish the feed ramp so it doesn't jam. the old man has always cleaned intake components every now and then. im not bashing on anyone, I just find it silly that its a "need" in order for it to run. is that the case?
Old 01-15-2015, 02:22 PM

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Considering I will be having a Roush supercharger added to my 5.0 as soon as they come out for the 2015's this is good to know.
Old 01-15-2015, 02:27 PM
Keepin' the lights on!

Received 229 Likes on 153 Posts

Here is how I plumbed my setup on my '12: https://www.f150forum.com/f70/instal...oboost-242660/

The Moroso catch cans did work but if I were to do it over, I may go with something else. My advice is, whatever can(s) you go with, make sure you set it up as plug and play. By that I mean, save the OEM pcv hoses and connectors, maybe even carry them with you in the event you have to take the truck in, and don't drill or tap any fitting into the intake piping.

As far as service dept. goes, return your truck back to stock (tuner, down pipe, and even the catch can, etc.). I would disconnect the can, maybe even remove it. Most service writers and techs don't realize the importance of a good catch can setup on these EBs and DI motors in general. They only see it as an "emissions mod" in which they can deny warranty coverage. They cannot "void" you warranty just because you have it on there, example: power window switch goes out, the tech notices it during inspection of battery, they blame the window switch on CC and/or try to void warranty just because it is there. We all know a properly installed CC has nothing to do with the power windows, therefore they can't just "void" your warranty just because they noticed the CC. Just save yourself the trouble and remove it.

I am also waiting (impatiently) to see the "improvements" to the IC and PCV systems before I dive in again. Really, I'm watching a few things on these '15s not just what I mentioned but also oil dilution due to gas, condensation issue, body durability, electric systems, 4x4 issues, plus a few more.

If anybody can, I believe there are at least a few of us that would really like some clear pictures of the IC and PCV setup on the 2015 3.5 EB

Last edited by Watt-maker; 01-15-2015 at 02:39 PM.
Old 01-15-2015, 02:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Derodeo
There have been several changes to the turbos and intercooler and possibly the PCV system made in the 2015 Ecoboost. No one seems in a hurry to explain these changes or even provide pictures of their engine let alone provide detailed installation instructions.

For me the decision to install one comes down to possible improvements made to the 2015 and the likelihood of losing my warranty. The service dept. at my dealer has already told me installation of a catch can will void my warranty as it is a modification to the emissions system. Other dealers may be more enlightened so I need to speak with them first.
I hope your correct with this info as I am waiting for my 2015 eb to arrive. Where have you heard or read about these improvements? I was going to order a catch can and have it ready to go when my truck arrived but I may wait for more info.

Quick Reply: 2015 Catch-Can Setups