Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'15 F-150 Platinum Boss CoilOvers/Nitto 35's

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 10:04 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default '15 F-150 Platinum Boss CoilOvers/Nitto 35's

2015 Platinum Boss Coil Over's & Nitto 35x12.50x20's

2015 Platinum Boss F-150 Coil Over's and Nitto 35x12.50x20's

Finally took delivery of my '15 and immediately put her under surgery for some upgrades. Huge Thanks to Alex @ F-150lifts.com for the killer Suspension Package (Ultimate Kit includes F&R Shocks/Struts w/ Coil Overs, and a billet leveling block kit to even out the back). Incredible ride quality and beautiful components.

I was hesitant to gamble with 35's as I couldn't find a significant amount of info out here on the new 2015 F-150's with this tire fitment. I have a 2013 Platinum and ran Bilstein F&R shocks/struts to get the clearance to run a set of Nitto Terra Grappler G2's in 35x12.50x20's on the stock rims. Everything works perfect on that set up, except for minor rubbing at Full Lock. After inspection, I realized it's the sway bar that was interfering. Nothing major.

On to the 2015, with little info out there and only a few trucks on the forums running true 35's I figured I'd post up my project to assist anyone seeking info on the newer F-150's. I hope this helps anyone seeking a bigger footprint and mild lift on their new 2015+ F-150's.

I'll try to get some better photo's moving forward, but here's a few after the coil over install and nitto 35x12.50x20's. I also added a Pace Edwards Switchblade to smooth out the bed and create some additional storage. This is a killer kit that can be installed and removed in minutes with a 7/16's wrench and screwdriver.

Brian T. Metzger
Old 08-07-2015, 10:07 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

looks sharp as hell!! BUT im also a big fan of minimal lifts, bigger tires, and stock wheels. very nice sir
Old 08-07-2015, 10:13 AM

A few more pics of the components...
Old 08-07-2015, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by TX-FJuan50
looks sharp as hell!! BUT im also a big fan of minimal lifts, bigger tires, and stock wheels. very nice sir
Agreed, I have to keep it low enough to clear the garage and my parking garage at the office. However, I need a bigger footprint for getting into back country and the desert for our hunts and long range tactical shooting.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:18 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by savage_sub_moa
Agreed, I have to keep it low enough to clear the garage and my parking garage at the office. However, I need a bigger footprint for getting into back country and the desert for our hunts and long range tactical shooting.
i think the garage thing is what worries me the most about lifting a truck. once you lift, make it much more difficult. have u had a chance to test it out?
Old 08-07-2015, 10:18 AM

Old 08-07-2015, 10:23 AM

Received 368 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by savage_sub_moa

A few more pics of the components...
Is there a reason you pulled the front drive shaft apart like that. I thought that was not needed to install a coilover or 2" lift of any kind?
Old 08-07-2015, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by TX-FJuan50
i think the garage thing is what worries me the most about lifting a truck. once you lift, make it much more difficult. have u had a chance to test it out?

It fit in my garage at the house which has a std 8 ft ceiling and 7ft door. I had to adjust the door to open all the way to the top so it wasn't extending past the frame of the garage opening too much. I have about 1.5 inches overall clearance though.

As for ride quality, I had Bilstein's on my previous '13 Platinum and thought they were an incredible upgrade to the factory gear. This new Boss Coil Over Suspension and Strut/Shocks is far superior ride quality than what I noticed with my Bilstein's. I'm not ******* the Bilstein's as they make high quality compenents, however, I think the Eibach Coil Over's made the factory springs obsolete.

Additionally, my concern was that it may be too harsh, but Alex at F-150Lifts.com tweaked them a bit for the newer 2015's and I think he nailed it. I have little nose dive under braking, very little roll on corners, and it rides pretty plush. I haven't had a chance to get off the grid yet, but plan to hit the trails this weekend for some long range shooting.
The following users liked this post:
SURF150 (05-31-2016)
Old 08-07-2015, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by kendive
Is there a reason you pulled the front drive shaft apart like that. I thought that was not needed to install a coilover or 2" lift of any kind?

It may or may not have been necessary, but the tech's at the local Dealership did the install for me. I was slammed at work and they did me a favor as they also wanted to see the new suspension components.

I'm sure you could probably slip the coil over assembly in without totally disconnecting the front hub like that, but that was their install method. I know it made it super simple for them to drop in the new set up as I stopped by and they just happened to be doing this one while I was there snapping some pics.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:31 AM

Quick Reply: '15 F-150 Platinum Boss CoilOvers/Nitto 35's