Topic Sponsor
Painting and Body Work Discuss any body work or painting issues here.

Manufacture ding

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 05:41 PM
Large Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Manufacture ding

Greetings Gurus!
When I purchased my vehicle I didn't notice it had two dings until I got home. I had one fixed by a paintless dent remover for $75 but he couldn't fix this one as he needs to get on the inside of the panel but didn't know how to access it. He suggested just filling it with base paint, light sanding it, then buffing it which is still an option but I'd rather try and get it popped out.
Name:  ding_zpskgpercki.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  469.0 KB

Does anyone know how to take the plastics off the inside of the supercabs door so I can try pushing this little ding out? Perhaps there's a parts diagram of the door? I know this ding is small but its brand new and when walking up to it the ding stands out like a sore thumb.
Name:  side_zpsu4bsfksi.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  520.7 KB

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-07-2015, 11:27 AM

Received 226 Likes on 138 Posts

Sorry to hear about the dents, those are the infamous dealer dents from jamming their lots full. You might want to try your question in the audio thread. More active with many pulling panels to install speakers.
Old 11-09-2015, 01:53 PM
Large Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks crankinaway, I bet your spot on with it being a deal dent! When I went to buy/test drive it from the high volume dealership it was squeezed in a spot with about 30 trucks like sardines and my fat **** couldn't get into it

I'll try tearing the plastics off this coming weekend to get at it, they got on there so they'll come off somehow
Old 11-10-2015, 10:50 AM

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

Not familiar with the exact panel and fasteners, but there are tools available to help pop them out.

Quick Reply: Manufacture ding