Topic Sponsor
Painting and Body Work Discuss any body work or painting issues here.

Fine Scratches

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fine Scratches

I have very fine scratches on my 2014 tuxedo black metallic f-150 that I think we're created when I took my truck to a car wash and they dried it with towels that were to abrasive.I have tried Mequiars 2.0 scratch removal and a lot of elbow grease which helped a little but the scratches are still there,was wondering what people use to get the fine scratches out and if I may have to use a buffer.

Thanks...
Old 06-12-2015, 10:58 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Polishing compound and a variable speed buffer should do the trick. You probably wont be able to get them out by hand. The Buffer with the polishing compound will actually heat the clearcoat enough to polish it smooth. Youtube has a lot of great vids on how to do it properly. Good luck!
Old 06-14-2015, 11:32 AM

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

As Turk said, you're going to need a better polish. Visit autogeek.net and check out some of their videos and products.
Old 09-20-2015, 01:09 AM
Paint Polishing Guru

Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

you will likely need a dual action polisher, proper pads, and a some light compound and finishing polishes to make a proper impact on that situation.

Cheers,
Greg

ps. Depending upon where you live I have lots of connections to true pros that can do a proper job.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:34 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i would start by trying a better polish, and if thats not enough break out the buffer, id pay someone to do it if you dont feel comfortable using it you can make a bad day in a hurry.
As for polishes, i really like KillerWaxx products, they do a great job

Quick Reply: Fine Scratches