Topic Sponsor
Suspension

King, Icon or Fox

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 05:06 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default King, Icon or Fox

I am in the process of starting a raptor conversion on my 06 f150. I am starting with suspension and not sure which coilovers to get. I do lots of offroading and the streets here in Calgary are the worst. I like a nice smooth soft ride so what would you suggest for coil overs. I can thinking icons 2.5, fox 2.5 or king 2.5. Any tips would be great! I really want some raptor take offs for the rear but am having some trouble finding some.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:26 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

If you're really doing a conversion with raptor suspension parts, you have to get 3.0s for a raptor. Icons are the best, but I'll just say "you get what you pay for."
Old 02-02-2015, 11:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All 3 brands are great products, the Kings being velocity dampened are best suited for hardcore/race situations. The Foxs which I run are highly recommended for daily drivers with the added benefit of position sensitive dampening which essentially gives you 3 zones, the top and bottom zones are great for the extreme travel/droop scenarios while the middle zone handles the mild (typical driving) travel.

If you go with the foxs you'll feel a dramatic difference right out of the driveway. Less springy, bouncy rebound instead more predictable and controlled.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd base my decision on how much you will use them for intended purpose. That will justify or not spending extra cash on more expensive parts.

Quick Reply: King, Icon or Fox