I had a chance to check out this system in person and must say it is TOP NOTCH.
The Ford Raptor hit the truck scene in 2009 and has been running hard every since. This factory built prerunner is one of the most capable out-of-the-box trucks on the market. All though the truck has features that are considered performance upgrades when put on on stock F150′s, there is always room for improvement. After severe testing in Baja, California & Nevada deserts, the TAP Auto team saw issues with the factory bump stop system.
ICON Vehicle Dynamics‘ Ford Raptor Rear Hydraulic Bumpstop System has been through extensive R&D, testing, and tuning. Like all ICON Vehicle Dynamics products, this system is being introduced as the most comprehensive Raptor bumpstop solution on the market.
ICON 95120 Raptor Rear Hydraulic Bumpstop System
The resulting dynamic system is one that is soft and compliant allowing full suspension travel at slow speeds and exponentially higher forces at high speeds to resist bottoming out. ICON’s Ford Raptor rear hydraulic bumpstop system uses a 2.5″ travel air bump allowing the shock additional distance to control energy and does not interfere with suspension travel under normal driving conditions. The clamshell bracket design with triangulated cross braces not only gives a rigid mounting point for the air bump, it helps support a known weak part of the frame prone to failure.
ICON 95120 Ford Raptor Rear Hydraulic Bumpstop System
- 100% Bolt-On, Does Not Require Fabrication Or Removal Of Truck Bed
- Hydraulic Bumpstop Reduces Rear-End Kick & Improves Overall Vehicle Performance
- Designed For Increased Leaf Spring Clearance So There Is No loss In Up Travel With Stock Or Aftermarket Springs
- Strengthens & Stabilizes Frame In Critical Areas Preventing Damage From Heavy Offroad Use
- Velocity-Sensitive Hydraulic Bumpstops Increase Amount Of Energy Absorbed With Higher Shaft Speeds
- Raptor-Specific Hydraulic Bumpstop With Custom Valving, Oil Volume And Pressure.
ICON Ford Raptor Rear Hydraulic Bumpstop System Free Body Diagram
Part Number: IVD 95120