Topic Sponsor
Engine / Drivetrain Talk 6 or 8 Cylinders? Come talk about it.

Where the heck is the EVR Solenoid?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where the heck is the EVR Solenoid?

Hey guys, Well I pulled the throttle body off and cleaned the carbonized gunk out of the ports for the EGR valve. Man that stuff was tough! I've replaced the EGR, DPFE and still get the dreaded PO401 code. Where is the EVR solenoid located on my 4.6 Triton? I need some help, PLEASE! Thanks, Tim
Old 05-30-2008, 06:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

follow the green vacuum line from the top of the egr valve, it goes to the evr solenoid
Old 05-31-2008, 09:40 PM

Okay, I found the EVR solenoid and replaced it with a new one. We went on a 600 mile round trip to visit some friends whose son was graduating high school and the truck still has the same problem. I'm at my wits end now. I guess the dealership is the only thing left to do now, unless anyone else has some suggestions. Tim
Old 05-31-2008, 10:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the same problem with my 95 302, replaced the solenoid(EVP) and cleaned the egr valve, and replaced vacuum lines, still pulls a code, still gets ****ty gas mileage, this should lead you in the right direction even though its for a v6 http://f150online.com/forums/showthr...=326893&page=2
Old 06-01-2008, 08:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rd2nowr
Okay, I found the EVR solenoid and replaced it with a new one. We went on a 600 mile round trip to visit some friends whose son was graduating high school and the truck still has the same problem. I'm at my wits end now. I guess the dealership is the only thing left to do now, unless anyone else has some suggestions. Tim
sometimes its better to see a professional, I see quite often someone has replaced every part in a system just to have a simple problem that could have been cured easy. ( I'm in no way saying you'res is)

You did check over all the vacuum lines correct??
Old 06-05-2008, 11:14 PM

Hey Guys, I got it fixed. I went to the dealership and after replacing all the EGR related stuff and cleaning out all the crud from the throttle body, I still had a code reading that the #4 coilpack was causing a missfire. New coil pack and spark plug and $214.00 cured my problem! Tim

Quick Reply: Where the heck is the EVR Solenoid?